Over excersise and thrombosis

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Gordon
Family Elder

Over excersise and thrombosis

Post by Gordon »

Is there a link ?? - Any thoughts??
blossom
Family Elder

ccs

Post by blossom »

well my thought would be that it seems that there is more concern about getting blood clots when inactive. such as people sitting on planes too long will sometimes get clots. or when i was in the hosp. for surgery they kept these massaging bootie leg things on me all night. they said they were to prevent clots.

now since we get an angioplasty that can cause thrombosis and if that happens might be that extra exerciseing could loosen them up. what if they would form between follow-ups? how would you know?

so, i hope somebody jumps in here with a true medical explanation and answer. because this is a good question.
Gordon
Family Elder

Clarrification

Post by Gordon »

No I am more concerend with heavy lifting and weight training or swimming and arm swinging that may cause some problems with stent area,

g
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Hi, Gordon,
I think when this has been discussed, it's that with weight lifting you hold your breath and exert and that's a valsalva maneuver. So when doing a valsalva, the jugular veins expand until you release and the blood can flow again. I'd be cautious about this until the stents are fully incorporated into the vein walls. Maybe two months after the procedure? Not sure of the exact timing.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”