Follow-Up for CCSVI - What Doctors Should Cover

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
daniel
Family Elder

Follow-Up for CCSVI - What Doctors Should Cover

Post by daniel »

I just wanted to start a thread that should list all the follow-up items some one who is looking to get the liberation procedure done abroad or close to home needs to take care of.

This list is incomplete and will be edited as people reply and add more items. Off the top of my head, here are the items I can think of:

EVERYONE:
- Monthly / Quarterly: doppler scans to check for restenosis / return of reflux

IF YOU'VE HAD A STENT:
- Weekly first few weeks, then Monthly for (how many months?) Blood coagulation level monitoring with weekly blood tests to make sure no clots form
- Discuss with your doctors what sort of medication you should be on (eg. baby aspirin for life, etc)

IF YOU WERE ONLY BALLOONED:
- Monthly (? more/less often?) blood coagulation scans to make sure no clots/thrombosis

Please reply with anything further you can think of and I will add it to this list.

Regards,

Dan
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Follow-Up for CCSVI - What Doctors Should Cover

Post by Cece »

daniel wrote:- Weekly first few weeks, then Monthly for (how many months?) Blood coagulation level monitoring with weekly blood tests to make sure no clots form
I believe this sort of monitoring is only if you are put on Coumadin, which none of the docs are currently using that I am aware of.
IF YOU WERE ONLY BALLOONED:
- Monthly (? more/less often?) blood coagulation scans to make sure no clots/thrombosis
these scans are done by doppler ultrasound, not blood coagulation scan, afaik