New York Area Treatment for CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

New York Area Treatment for CCSVI

Postby Anonymous2 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 am

For those who might be interested there is a new doctor providing the "liberation" treatment in the New York, Long Island area. I have been treated by him.
Dr. Antonios Gasparis a vascular surgeon at Stony Brook University Hospital, office phone is 631 444 8346, ask for Devon, his assistant. His email is agasparis@notes.cc.sunysb.edu.
Anonymous2

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

He isn't undercover, he's ok with having this posted? No IRB or hospital interference? Congrats on your treatment, hope it has gone well.
Cece
Family Elder

Re: New York Area Treatment for CCSVI

Postby Donnchadh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:28 am

Anonymous2 wrote:For those who might be interested there is a new doctor providing the "liberation" treatment in the New York, Long Island area. I have been treated by him.
Dr. Antonios Gasparis a vascular surgeon at Stony Brook University Hospital, office phone is 631 444 8346, ask for Devon, his assistant. His email is agasparis@notes.cc.sunysb.edu.

While this is great news.....did you get his permission to publicly announce this? In the past some doctors doing the liberation procedure got shut down via IRB requirements when their hospitals found out what they were doing.

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Postby Anonymous2 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:05 pm

I'm well aware of the difficulties of other doctors and I did get his OK to put his name out there.
Anonymous2

Postby Cece » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Anonymous2 wrote:I'm well aware of the difficulties of other doctors and I did get his OK to put his name out there.

that's a relief! Do you know if he has done very many procedures? What anticoagulants he uses, if he uses stents, what follow-up schedule, if he takes insurance or noninsured patients at what cost? Is he in contact with or collaborating with any of the other NY docs?
Cece
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)