One Year Checkup and Tune Up

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

One Year Checkup and Tune Up

Postby coach » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:41 pm

I just returned this past Sunday from Stanford for my one year followup. The tests did show a stenosis in the right internal jugulular that I was given the option to have angioed. Since we had come from the east coast we thought it would be wise to have this done. My speech had deteriorated again and I was struggling with sleep and energy level again.
Again my speech improved right off the bat as it did in Nov. 2009. Still have balance issues but glad I have had some improvemen. Others have noticed the improvement in my speech. My two stents were fine. Stanford and Dr. Dake are the best. Got a call from the hospital asking if I would use Stanford for future medical care. I said I might if I didn't live in Georgia. It's a long flight.
coach
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby daniel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 pm

thanks for the followup post coach! Hope your veins stay patent this time around. Glad to hear you're feeling improvements once again
daniel
Family Elder

ccsvi

Postby blossom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

very glad to hear you are on the mend. could i ask what type of ms you have and even though you lost some improvements that thankfully you got back. do you feel the over all progression had stopped? the best to you.
blossom
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:45 pm

So good to hear about your appt. and improvements! I agree, Dr. Dake and Stanford are the best! Here's hoping for more improvements and a good year ahead.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby CRHInv » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi Coach! I am so glad Dr. Dake was able to help you. I am sorry to hear that your speech improvements had slipped. I remember last year when we spoke we both commented on how our speech had improved. I hope this time it holds for you! Are you getting any relief from the fatigue?
Take care,
Beth
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Postby Interrupted » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:05 am

Great news, thanks for the update and I hope the improvements continue for you! :D
28/07/10, 04/10/10, 16/11/10 - Dopplers x3 Ireland, Poland, Scotland.
12/10/10 - 1st procedure, Poland. Symptoms worsened. No improvement.
Verdict: I urge caution + am taking a back seat watching research ATM.
13/02/12 - Started Wheldon ABX protocol.
Interrupted
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)