Canadian media reporting on death from CCSVI complications

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby malden » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Cece wrote:I can only think that this is deliberate misinformation. If it's a game, I do not understand it.

What is "deliberate misinformation" here, in my post?

I don't think that stent/nostent is major concern now. Two deaths after CCSVI liberation procedures are triggered by post procedures treatment drugs - thrombolysis clot-busting agents and multiple blood thinners. Postoperative follow-up is crucial in this case. Postoperative follow-up is well known and documented, so why is not performed?

If I want to play a game... I'll go to billiards. I don't play games here.
And I am goood in billiards... 9-ball, 8-ball, carom 3-cushions... just name it ;)
If I am in diplopia phase, I cover one eye, aim on second...
Last edited by malden on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
malden
 

Advertisement

Postby patientx » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Malden wrote:If I want to play a game... I'll go to billiards. I don't play games here.
And I am goood in billiards... 9-ball, 8-ball, carom 3-cushions... just name it Wink If I am in diplopia phase, I cover one eye, aim on second...


http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-143777.html#143777
User avatar
patientx
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Postby erinc14 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:55 am

what do you think of this ?

i don't tru$t the new$ anymore.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local ... ntrealHome
User avatar
erinc14
Family Elder
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Montreal

Postby Blaze » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 am

erinc14 wrote:what do you think of this ?

i don't tru$t the new$ anymore.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local ... ntrealHome


I don't think it's a bad story, just a realistic one. We know from this and other websites that not everyone gets those WOW effects from treatment (although we all want to be the one who does!). I think a balance of reporting the good, bad and mediocre (which CTV has been doing) is a good thing.

All of this points strongly to the need to have treatment available right here in Canada--with appropriate follow-up.
User avatar
Blaze
Family Elder
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby erinc14 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:55 pm

the woman doctor said angioplasty is useless and people had stents migrate and "they" needed open-heart surgery .i thought it happened once :?:
User avatar
erinc14
Family Elder
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Montreal

Postby Blaze » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:42 pm

erinc14 wrote:the woman doctor said angioplasty is useless and people had stents migrate and "they" needed open-heart surgery .i thought it happened once :?:


I somehow missed that part of the story. I've gone back and reread it a few times, but was unable to find it. I, like you, also thought there was only one case of a migrating stent.
User avatar
Blaze
Family Elder
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby erinc14 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:02 pm

i watched the video on the right side .
User avatar
erinc14
Family Elder
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Montreal

Mahir Mostic: The Death that Woke Up the World to MS

Postby malden » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 am

Mahir Mostic: The Death that Woke Up the World to MS

Published: December 13, 2010
By Don G Halbert

http://newsblaze.com/story/201012131852 ... story.html

On the 19th of October 2010, Mahir Mostic died from complications from his liberation therapy for MS. That was also the day that the world would stand up and take notice to difficulties MS suffers all around the world face daily.

...
malden
 

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 am

Interesting that the author of The Death That Woke The World to MS (Don G Halbert) is identified at the end of the story as a "professional in Costa Rica marketing."

The final two paragraphs read like an ad for medical tourism--where Passport Medical is promoting treatment in "exotic locations." It disgusts me that someone would exploit Mahir Mostic's death like this.

This article is from blazenews.com. Although my user name here is Blaze, I want to state very clearly I have no association or knowledge of this website.
User avatar
Blaze
Family Elder
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby thornyrose76 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 pm

It's the canadian governments stupid approach to the whole issue that led to this man's death, period.
User avatar
thornyrose76
Family Elder
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby concerned » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

thornyrose76 wrote:It's the canadian governments stupid approach to the whole issue that led to this man's death, period.


I don't see how this is the case. They told him to leave the clot alone, and if that's what he had done, he may have still been alive. If he hadn't gotten the procedure in the first place, he would have still been alive.

It seems to me that ridiculously expensive "Liberation" related medical tourism for an experimental procedure to treat a relatively hypothetical condition is the biggest factor in this poor man's death. Period.

ALSO - Did the doctor in Costa Rica train with Zamboni?
concerned
 

Postby thornyrose76 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:39 pm

What are you concerned about and why? Put all the cards on the table. :)
User avatar
thornyrose76
Family Elder
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby concerned » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:42 pm

My mother... because she has MS and is interested in CCSVI. I've declared that openly since the beginning.
concerned
 

Postby thornyrose76 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:42 pm

concerned wrote:
thornyrose76 wrote:It's the canadian governments stupid approach to the whole issue that led to this man's death, period.


I don't see how this is the case. They told him to leave the clot alone, and if that's what he had done, he may have still been alive. If he hadn't gotten the procedure in the first place, he would have still been alive.

It seems to me that ridiculously expensive "Liberation" related medical tourism for an experimental procedure to treat a relatively hypothetical condition is the biggest factor in this poor man's death. Period.

ALSO - Did the doctor in Costa Rica train with Zamboni?


No, I read where the canadian doctor told him to go back to Costa Rica that there is nothing they could or would do for him.
User avatar
thornyrose76
Family Elder
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby concerned » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 pm

thornyrose76 wrote:
concerned wrote:
thornyrose76 wrote:It's the canadian governments stupid approach to the whole issue that led to this man's death, period.


I don't see how this is the case. They told him to leave the clot alone, and if that's what he had done, he may have still been alive. If he hadn't gotten the procedure in the first place, he would have still been alive.

It seems to me that ridiculously expensive "Liberation" related medical tourism for an experimental procedure to treat a relatively hypothetical condition is the biggest factor in this poor man's death. Period.

ALSO - Did the doctor in Costa Rica train with Zamboni?


No, I read where the canadian doctor told him to go back to Costa Rica that there is nothing they could or would do for him.


Yes. They told him to leave the clot alone because it would be dangerous to try and remove it.

When did he go to the doctor?

If I'm not mistaken he got the procedure in June, and died in Costa Rica in October. That's certainly enough time for the clot to become permanent.
concerned
 

PreviousNext

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users