CTV NEWS ON FRIDAY, NOV. 19, 2010!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Issy
Getting to Know You...

CTV NEWS ON FRIDAY, NOV. 19, 2010!

Post by Issy »

I WATCHED THE LATE NEWS ON FRIDAY AND SAW A SAD CCSVI TRAGEDY ABOUT A MAN WHO HAD TRAVELLED TO COSTA RICA TO HAVE HIS PROCEDURE AND ALSO RECEIVED A STENT. HE SUFFERED SOME COMPLICATIONS AT HOME AND WENT TO THE ST.CATHERINES, ONT. EMERGENCY DEPT. WHERE HE WAS TURNED AWAY!? HIS FAMILY IS DEMANDING AN INVESTIAGATION. DR. ZAMBONI AND DR. MACDONALD ( BARRIE, ONT. IR. ) WERE ALSO IN THE INTERVIEW. THE LAST COMMENT WAS THAT THE CANADIAN M.S. SOCIETY WAS ASKING FOR DOCTORS TO HELP THE CCSVI PATIENT IF THERE ARE ANY COMPLICATIONS!????
Last edited by Issy on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Re: CTV NEWS ON FRIDAY, NOV. 19, 2010!

Post by Cece »

It's awful, isn't it. It's being discussed in a few other threads. He didn't actually pass at St. Cate's, he was turned away untreated despite them identifying a clot in his stent, so he raised money to returned to Costa Rica and passed away there.

I am still mad at the Canadian MS Society for their stance against CCSVI and their influence against it but at least they are on our side in asking for follow-up care to be provided.
concerned

Re: CTV NEWS ON FRIDAY, NOV. 19, 2010!

Post by concerned »

Cece wrote:It's awful, isn't it. It's being discussed in a few other threads. He didn't actually pass at St. Cate's, he was turned away untreated despite them identifying a clot in his stent, so he raised money to returned to Costa Rica and passed away there.

I am still mad at the Canadian MS Society for their stance against CCSVI and their influence against it but at least they are on our side in asking for follow-up care to be provided.
Is there any evidence that he was turned away? Or did the Canadian doctor think it was best to leave the clot alone?

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”