right vs left

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
solney
Getting to Know You...

right vs left

Post by solney »

i have read much about which side to have the catheter inserted for angioplasty. checking for may thurner is important. but is it true that the doctors can enter from the right and still check for this? i was super disgruntled when they told me they would enter from the right side to fix my mothers pinched jugulars. i questioned them again and again and told them of current protocol.(thanks to this website i was well informed) They wouldnt budge, and im sure that they would have had to change the whole set up of there operating room and it wasnt an easy task. So when she came out of her procedure the vascular surgeon came to me and told me that he went and checked for the may thrurner and everything was fine. can anyone clear this up. can he successfully check the iliac veins from entering on the right side?
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

good question for dr. sclafani...try posting on his thread
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

Yes, it is true, you can check for May Thurner on the right side ... it's just not as easy, but there are no problems doing it.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”