I'm new here. I've tried to post 2 times previously, and both times my posts were wiped out. Being that they were hours before, and hours after my surgeries, I was too tired to rewrite them.
I have a few questions regarding post-surgery, and am hoping that some of you would be willing to weigh in.
First, a little background...
My surgeries were in 2 phases, as my Doctor prefers not to do two veins at once.
My azygous vein was 60% blocked and my Left Jugular was 90%. Evidently because the LJ was so bad, the blood was "jumping" veins and was forcing it's way through a much smaller exterior jugular vein.
Those were the results of surgery #1.
4 days later I went back for #2, and asked the doctor to please take a look at my LJ to see how it was doing post-surgery. At that time, he found that much lower down on the LJ vein there was some major crimping, and that it was blocked there as well.
At that time, a larger balloon was used on the LJ.
That same day my right jugular was opened, which had been 60-70% closed.
It's now about 10 days after my 2nd surgery, and my left jugular is very uncomfortable. I would say that it's painful, at about a 5, on a scale of 1-10. I am trying very hard not to sleep on that side, and am very guarded when hugging people.
Also, there are certain ways that I cannot turn my neck without it feeling like something is going to pop...vein wise, that is.
And, there are walnut or larger sized places under the skin in my groin area, on either side. I had a sonogram on both of them last week, per my Dr's request, and they found only a small hematoma.
So now the questions....
1. Is this jugular pain normal?
2. Will the walnuts go away eventually? (Please say yes!)
3. After reading some of the post-surgery issues that others are having, I'm wondering if I should be on a blood thinner other than aspirin?
4. I am incredibly tired. Is this normal? (My trip home 7 days ago was via about a 22 hour train ride...but I had hoped to be bounding around by now.)
5. Do any of the rest of you deal with really low blood pressure? I've battled it since getting sick a few years ago. Yesterday it was 81/54.
If I'm ever able to figure out how, I will post my before and after videos. I definitely see improvement in many areas, but when our weather changed from 75 degrees to 40 something within about 12 hours, the old familiar headache woke me this morning, and fatigue set in like crazy.
Many thanks for reading...