Answering Accusations

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Oh gosh. This is crazy.

Joan, I am so sorry you have to deal with this, but I have to say, way to go addressing it head on. I hope anyone who was unclear on your motives before, now understands and knows better for the future.

As always thanks for all you do!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
malden

Post by malden »

I found dr. Colin Rose writing about CCSVI very interesting and educational. In that writing I found answers for some of my questions, and confirmation of some of my own thoughts and findings.

The themes about CCSVI I found interesting are:

The Zamboni Myth: Why “CCSVI” is Surreal:
http://medicalmyths.wordpress.com/2009/ ... i-surreal/

Zamboni and the Occult Art of “CCSVI”:
http://medicalmyths.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -of-ccsvi/

“Study” casts doubt on “CCSVI”:
http://medicalmyths.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -on-ccsvi/

Kuwait Wastes Money on Zamboni’s “CCSVI” and “Liberation” Procedure for MS:
<shortened url>

Brad Wall, Saskatchewan Premier – Good Politician, Bad Scientist:
<shortened url>

“CCSVI” Proven to be a Figment of Zamboni’s Imagination; “Liberation” for MS is a sham:
<shortened url>

MS sufferers lobby Alberta government for “CCSVI” treatment by “liberation”:
<shortened url>

Zamboni’s “liberation” scam for MS can kill:
http://medicalmyths.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -can-kill/

I did not find any google ads click $ and ads for medical tourism for CCSVI treatment on that site.
Last edited by malden on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

(notJ, wow, when worldwide wisdom wanes, what wonderful, witty work with writing wise words!)
happy_canuck
Family Elder

Post by happy_canuck »

Malden wrote:I did not find any google ads click $ and ads for medical tourism for CCSVI treatment on that site.
Just went to the last link you posted, Malden, and this was halfway down the page:

Ads by Google

CCSVI Liberation Mexico
Patient Experiences & News Free Diagnosis & Protocols Webinar!
www.CCSVI.mx

Maybe you're looking for the ads in the right margin where Facebook puts them? Rose's page isn't the only one making money off Google ads. I tried making a fuss about this months ago -- if you're going to raise money off the backs of CCSVI popularity, just say what you're going to do with it. Period.

What's Rose doing with the money? My investigations showed people can make lots -- $3000 a month or more -- even if only a few people visiting the site with the ads are a narrow demographic likely to "click" -- I say CCSVI is a very narrow sample of people indeed!

~Sandra
National CCSVI Society: <strong><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/44znbct">http://tiny ... 44znbct</a> ~Website<br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/3wzmkmg">http://tiny ... 3wzmkmg</a> ~Facebook</strong><br />
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Joan, you have been a great advocate for us all. Accusations spread on sites like Colin Rose's have no merit.

They won't face you here- or anywhere- because they are cowards.
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
malden

Post by malden »

Tx, Sandra, I miss that.

Dr. Rose's blog is on WorldPress.com blogs provider and they said:
http://en.wordpress.com/products/
From time to time, we display text ads on your blog to logged-out users who aren’t regular visitors. Doing this allows us to keep bringing you the free features you love.
However, if you’d prefer your readers didn’t see ads, you have the control to turn them off. (...only possible for Premium users)
So no Google money for dr. Rose, just for WorldPress.com
Last edited by malden on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Re: who the **** is Colin Rose?

Post by prairiegirl »

Johnson wrote: What kind of person takes pleasure from reading (or penning) his pap?
Baffling to me as well. I don't understand why people bother to repost his words (and mean-spirited, junior-high commentary) on other sites at all. The best way to not give him the attention he so obviously craves, is to simply ignore the man. That said, the false accusations needed to be addressed.
As bestadmom, TMrox, and others stated, Joan you have a lot of support from people here who are very grateful for the time and energy you invest. Thanks for continuing to do so!
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

I read several of Colins posts that Malden linked to and all I can say is: WOW! My bf was liberated by Dr. Sclafani VERY recently and we are so happy with the results so far. Our lives are getting better EVERYDAY! WOW! I really want to say more, but I know I should'nt, so I wont!
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Responding to Dr. Rose's or his supporters on such accusations is doubting the intelligence of alliance supporters ...
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
malden

Post by malden »

sbr487 wrote:Responding to Dr. Rose's or his supporters on such accusations is doubting the intelligence of alliance supporters ...
I don't think that cheerleader's intelligence is doubtful.
Last edited by malden on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

Joan, Keep that upper lip stiff and I support all you have done and continue to do. You deserve better,gl,gary
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I think we have gone over the validity of Dr.Rose's opinions .

What do you expect from a guy that rants and raves about the evils of potatoe chips [ crisps .... as they are known to our dear UK members ]
in his blog.

One day .... potatoe chips .... then the next day .... he's an expert on a concept that he obviously cannot grasp.... CCSVI.

The guy's a total dill hole ..... :wink:

This clearly demonstrates the importance of keeping your identity secure from the likes of Rose.

When they fail in their efforts to distort or dismiss a sound idea ..... they aim their venom in a different direction. And get personal.

Reasonable and Intelligent people ...... laugh at Colin Rose .... :lol: :lol:

Mr. Success
colros
Family Member

Post by colros »

I would just like everyone to know that I have nothing to do with the accusations against Joan. I have great respect for her sincerity, if not her grasp of medicine and biology. I did`t even know that there were ads on my blog.

Mladen has clarified the situation for me. Wordpress automatically inserts Google ads in blogs unless one purchases the ad free upgrade at $30.

I was not aware of this situation so purchased the upgrade today. No more ads will appear on my blog.

Colin Rose
concerned

Post by concerned »

MrSuccess wrote: When they fail in their efforts to distort or dismiss a sound idea ..... they aim their venom in a different direction. And get personal.

Mr. Success

This happens on this board as well. I've been accused of getting paid by drug companies to post here, I've been accused of lying about my mother, being scorpion, lyon, malden, etc.

So, on another note, now that Colin Rose has posted here, I think all the comments about him should be removed, as per the rules of the board.
malden

Post by malden »

concerned wrote:
MrSuccess wrote: When they fail in their efforts to distort or dismiss a sound idea ..... they aim their venom in a different direction. And get personal.

Mr. Success
This happens on this board as well. I've been accused of getting paid by drug companies to post here, I've been accused of lying about my mother, being scorpion, lyon, m, etc.

So, on another note, now that Colin Rose has posted here, I think all the comments about him should be removed, as per the rules of the board.
No, don't remove comments, let's next generations learn from that...

Btw... you read MrSuccess posts?! Nobody read them.

I was lyon, colin, scorpion, but never been Issac Hayes :(

Best regards, Mladen.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”