HOPE!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

HOPE!!!

Postby BooBear » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 am

Some of you may remember my initial attempts to be treated locally (Chicago area) and my visit with an IR. The ultrasound indicated an abnormality, but that's where it ended.

I had provided that IR with info on CCSVI (including research papers). That was in the early summer. Never heard from him again...until this morning.

He had researched more and now is on a national registry to start to perform the procedure!!! He has sent his tech for additional training as well.

While I have had the procedure done, it is a relief to now have a local resource for follow-ups...as well as to have an additional resource available for all of us soon!

I will keep you all posted on how this progresses after I speak to him live (this was all done via email). Keep prayers up!
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
BooBear
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby HappyPoet » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 am

Congratulations, BooBear!

Your hard work back then paid off in a fantastic way today. I hope you're proud of yourself -- think about all the people that will be helped because of your efforts!

Follow-up is as important as the actual procedure, and I'm very happy for you and for the many others who will also benefit that you'll all have a proper facility for CCSVI testing, treatment, and follow-up.

Thank you, BooBear. You Rock!

~HP
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Postby BooBear » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Thank you, HappyPoet. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read that email this morning.

The lesson we should all take from this is not to give up. While you are on a waiting list, get the research papers and go to a IR for a consultation. Bring it up. Discuss it. Hand papers over. Encourage that the papers be read. Repeat until you get success.

As this IR said, CCSVI is a hot topic in the IR community now- so strike while that iron is hot and get treated locally. If I could do it- and I am a shmuck- anyone can.
BooBear
Family Elder

Postby Blaze » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:32 pm

BooBear wrote:
If I could do it- and I am a shmuck- anyone can.

You're not a schmuck! You're a trailblazer. Way to go!
Blaze
Family Elder

Postby BooBear » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 am

TY, Blaze! The word is out there- we just need to capitalize now!
BooBear
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)