Dec 2 , 2010 Central nervous system abnormalities and venous circulation of multiple sclerosis association officially kicked off in Taiwan. Venous circulation anomalies of central nervous control experiment will start Control member recruit.
Abroad since the end of 2009 by the Italian physician Paolo Zamboni in multiple sclerosis patients by ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging and angiography after the inspection found that: there are over ninety percent of patients have venous narrowing phenomenon, in particular, is the internal jugular vein, both part of the thoracic veins, abnormal narrowing of the vein causes blood flow to part of the brain and spinal cord can not be properly discharged, suspected to be due to this issue makes the further production of inflammatory central nervous system reactions. And in the mature balloon assisted surgery, so surgery patients to accept the symptoms improved and response. This is a new discovery, and many patients responded well, many countries have begun such studies.
To domestic patients an exciting news, is currently before the Taipei Veterans General Hospital MS patients for domestic ultrasound and MRI scans done, the preliminary findings and abroad, not far from the case, it is also prepared to launch a formal experiment, but for seek correctness, so it is necessary to seek the control group (healthy individuals) to do ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (including contrast test).
Please, following conditions:
1. Aged 20 to 40 years old good (or 15 ~ 45 years)
2. There is no high blood pressure, a history of depression or anxiety disorder
3. There is no history of heart disease (including left ventricular hypertrophy, coronary artery disease ... so who)
4. There is no history of diabetes
5. Without kidney-related diseases or renal dysfunction
6. There is no history of migraine
7. There is no history of stroke (including the size of the stroke, the eyes of the wind, ears stroke)
8. No other significant injuries were
9. There is no history of central nervous system injury (spinal cord inflammation, meningitis ..... etc.)
10. Normal vision (sudden blindness can not have a history or symptoms or invisible)
Also the object of raising patients and their own best distantly related by blood (to rule out genetic factors, it is not recommended for patients involved in their children's parents and brothers and sisters)
So patient's friends to care about your friends, play your little love, or put this as a health check (this is definitely not the general health check health check will be able to do is to belong to high-level detection of brain blood vessels, Through this test will be whether that narrowing of your arteries veins and whether the crisis of stroke ...), a rare achievement to eliminate disease, multiple sclerosis.
Please help push those who wish to participate in the control check
Please call :02 -28,757,583 Or
Info translated with the often unreliable google translator.
Thanks Algis for sharing the news:
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.