Appointments at American Access Care

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Bizzy
Family Member

Post by Bizzy »

I'm Sue from the blog http://soobiz-live-love-laugh.blogspot. ... chive.html (mentioned above). My husband and I drove to Brooklyn from Cornwall, Ontario Canada. I was treated on Dec. 3rd.

To help Holly, if anyone has any questions that I can answer regarding logistics and our experience, feel free to ask.
SCGirl
Family Member

Post by SCGirl »

Hello Holly! You are a God send!!
I originally responded to your e-mail about Dr. Sclafani treating new patients and indicated that I would come to NY; however, Dr. Sullivan in Atlanta would be much closer. So ( hoping not to be too confusing), I just re-sent the e-mail with the hopes I could go to Atlanta. Was that the right thing to do, or should I just start over and inquire about the ACC in Atlanta?
Thank you so much!!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

here too is a link to a thread about Dr. Sullivan, in the thread are some links to several of CaptBoo's posts of his experience being treated by Dr. Sullivan earlier this fall:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-14270-sullivan.html

Sue, glad to see you here!

Donnchadh, can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow with the consult with Dr. Makris.
HollyBarr
Family Member

Post by HollyBarr »

CCSVIhusband wrote:Holly, is the plan to eventually get doctors in ALL AAC locations up and running? (like the one in Pittsburgh) ... a lot of people contact me about Pittsburgh doctors regularly - or for follow-up.
Unfortunately we don't currently have an AAC location in Pittsburgh, but yes we should be making CCSVI treatment available in more and more of our facilities going forward.
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

HollyBarr wrote:
CCSVIhusband wrote:Holly, is the plan to eventually get doctors in ALL AAC locations up and running? (like the one in Pittsburgh) ... a lot of people contact me about Pittsburgh doctors regularly - or for follow-up.
Unfortunately we don't currently have an AAC location in Pittsburgh, but yes we should be making CCSVI treatment available in more and more of our facilities going forward.
My apologies, I could have sworn on a list or link (with a list of centers) Cece posted at one point it said Pittsburgh had a center.

Maybe it was with that other company that is opening centers. Cece? Do you know what I'm referencing?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

You're probably thinking of this:
http://www.americanaccesscare.com/pittsburgh.html

?
jak7ham9
Family Member

barbara 10th patient sclafani

Post by jak7ham9 »

Hi Holly I actually haven't heard back from you on rescheduling . I sent you a pm and phone number barbara
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

Cece wrote:You're probably thinking of this:

?
Yes ... is that not the same company Dr. Sclafani is working with? Holly?

(or are they just not interested in CCSVI - and that's an OK answer if that's the case).
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

CCSVIhusband wrote:
Cece wrote:You're probably thinking of this:

?
Yes ... is that not the same company Dr. Sclafani is working with? Holly?

(or are they just not interested in CCSVI - and that's an OK answer if that's the case).
The company's strategy is to start with limited centers, get them working well and then expand as necessary. Opening 31 centers off the bat would have been less manageable
aliyalex
Family Elder

Post by aliyalex »

Dr Sclafani,

Somehow i knew that when you were so quiet over so many months, that something big was building. you had too much passion and too large a vision to be so silent.

it was sure worth waiting for. i love when we look back at the doors slammed SHUT and realize the proverbial obstacle was, in fact, a stepping stone.

this is a great metaphor for CCSVI. the blockage, when open, becomes a flush of life force, and life has much deeper meaning.

Sorry, it is late, i can't sleep and i am thrilled that i got the "let's go forward" from you after waiting almost a year.
msjen
Family Member

Post by msjen »

I was on their original list and am trying to determine if I would still be scheduled in 2011, but am not having any luck getting any sort of answer. Anyone know?? I know that Holly is busy and don't want to bother her, but I am trying to determine if I can wait or not.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

msjen, have you filled out the registration forms from the email and sent them in? The quicker you did that, the better. I don't know how far out the scheduling might be or how heavy the demand. Holly, are you around?
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

Dr. Makris' office is requesting that potential patients first register with Holly Barr, and indicate that they prefer to go his clinic (if that's their preference). The plan is to try to route patients to the nearest clinic to them, and that way the post-op results can be reported back to Holly.

I will have more to report later (hint, hint; wink, wink; hudge, hudge).

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

msjen wrote:I was on their original list and am trying to determine if I would still be scheduled in 2011, but am not having any luck getting any sort of answer. Anyone know?? I know that Holly is busy and don't want to bother her, but I am trying to determine if I can wait or not.
'pm
hopeful2
Family Member

Post by hopeful2 »

Dr. Sclafani would you pm me too? I'm on the wait list and don't know if it's a one month or one year wait. Is it possible to get a ball-park figure on when? Thanks for your continuing efforts and support. :)

Patrice