Appointments at American Access Care

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Appointments at American Access Care

Postby Cece » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:41 am

It seemed time to start an appointment thread about American Access Care. This is the 31 clinic group that Dr. Sclafani has joined. :D

I have an appointment for the end of January at the Brooklyn AAC with Dr. Sclafani. Anyone else?
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8991
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Advertisement

Postby Donnchadh » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

8 December at Chicago.

Dia linn!

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
User avatar
Donnchadh
Family Elder
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby Cece » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:02 pm

here's the Chicago AAC doctor, Dr. Makris: http://www.americanaccesscare.com/ourdo ... akris.html

It's always good when they're described as thought leaders. :)
Last edited by Cece on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8991
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby HollyBarr » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Not to intrude, but since I started working mid-October as American Access Care's CCSVI Service Line Manager, responsible for the administrative end of making quality CCSVI treatment available nationwide, I thought it might be appropriate to pop in here, say "Hi" and invite any questions or comments you might have by either PM or otherwise...
User avatar
HollyBarr
Family Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Holly

Postby Rosegirl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 am

Hi, Holly,

It's nice to have your input!

Which cities are involved in the roll out of CCSVI care? Can you also list the dates that they will be available to treat patients? Can we start scheduling appointments for testing and/or venograms now?

Do we still go through you to schedule an appointment or is that done with the individual facilities? Maybe also give us a contact phone number for each site, or are you still the main contact (and our favorite scheduler)?

Also, do we need to coordinate follow up care? Is the follow up done with a GP or a neurologist?

[Insert happy dance here!]
User avatar
Rosegirl
Family Elder
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Holly

Postby HollyBarr » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Rosegirl wrote:Hi, Holly,

It's nice to have your input!

Which cities are involved in the roll out of CCSVI care? Can you also list the dates that they will be available to treat patients? Can we start scheduling appointments for testing and/or venograms now?

Do we still go through you to schedule an appointment or is that done with the individual facilities? Maybe also give us a contact phone number for each site, or are you still the main contact (and our favorite scheduler)?

Also, do we need to coordinate follow up care? Is the follow up done with a GP or a neurologist?

[Insert happy dance here!]


It's nice to have your warm welcome! :D

I'll get back to you Monday with the latest update on roll-out, but anyone interested can get the ball rolling if they would like by emailing me at CCSVI@aac-llc.com to get registered with AAC nationwide. Since I'm currently inundated with email because I emailed the universe (well...maybe just the solar system) promoting the generation of a new, up-to-date waiting list specifically for Dr. Sclafani, for now please just put "SEND AAC NATIONWIDE FORM" in the subject line of the email with nothing in the body of the email. I'll send you back the same form I've been sending out for Dr. Sclafani, only instead of filling in Sclafani/Brooklyn for you I'll leave it blank for you to fill in per the instructions about availability in other locations that I'll include. (Of course, you can still fill in Sclafani/Brooklyn if that's what you would like! And if you've already sent me back the new form I started sending out a week ago for Dr. Sclafani you don't need to fill out another, even if you would like to explore going to another AAC clinic.)

If interested in an AAC location other than Brooklyn, I will be overseeing the administrative end nationally and perhaps assisting by sending you a link or paper version of our online survey to complete before and again at regular intervals after treatment. But the local AAC center will handle your actual scheduling there. (They're lovely people, and very prompt.) Other than following up with the AAC physician who treats you, the follow-up in place at this point consists of follow-up ultrasounds and your completing our online survey at regular intervals so we can monitor your progress.

After all the frustrating months working for Dr. Sclafani when he was shut down, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to find myself in this position and how grateful I am to American Access Care for approaching me with an offer for this particular job!!!
User avatar
HollyBarr
Family Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby hopeful2 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Holly, it's good to see you on TIMS again! You've certainly streamlined the process---wow. I don't really have a question (I got a message from you yesterday that was clear) but just wanted to welcome you back. :)

Patrice
User avatar
hopeful2
Family Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Calif.

Re: Holly

Postby Cece » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:47 pm

HollyBarr wrote:After all the frustrating months working for Dr. Sclafani when he was shut down, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to find myself in this position and how grateful I am to American Access Care for approaching me with an offer for this particular job!!!

Those months were pretty frustrating, weren't they! (IRBs, shmIRBs.) :D

2-3000 people will be getting treated for CCSVI by AAC in the next year and you're to coordinate so much of this? I can't even imagine. I think they were fortunate to get you (as are we all). The amazing Holly....

I am wondering about the doppler ultrasound and if that is scheduled the day before the appointment? (This would be for Brooklyn.) Is there another one the day after?
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8991
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby HappyPoet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Holly, congratulations on your new position and welcome.

A magnificent match. A wonderful worker. A fantastic fit. An empathic employee. A perfect pairing. An omniscient offer. A CCSVI career. An excellent endeavor. A great gal. A terrific team. A lovely lady. A jammin' job. A happy hiring!

~HP
User avatar
HappyPoet
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby Cece » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I found an answer to my doppler question, a TIMSer sent me a link to a blog:
http://soobiz-live-love-laugh.blogspot. ... chive.html
Last edited by Cece on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8991
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Holly

Postby HollyBarr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 am

Rosegirl wrote:Hi, Holly,

It's nice to have your input!

Which cities are involved in the roll out of CCSVI care? Can you also list the dates that they will be available to treat patients? Can we start scheduling appointments for testing and/or venograms now?

Do we still go through you to schedule an appointment or is that done with the individual facilities? Maybe also give us a contact phone number for each site, or are you still the main contact (and our favorite scheduler)?

Also, do we need to coordinate follow up care? Is the follow up done with a GP or a neurologist?

[Insert happy dance here!]

Sorry it took me an extra day to get back to you :( but I was getting clarification from the top...

AAC’s initial roll-out will include the following locations with AAC’s experienced Board Certified Interventional Radiologists:

California (SanDiego) Dr. Zachary Rattner
Connecticut (Fairfield) Dr. Melvin Rosenblatt
Georgia (Atlanta) Dr. Kevin Sullivan
Illinois (Oak Brook) Dr. Angelo Makris
Maryland (Towson) Dr. Craig Suchin
New Jersey (Union) Dr. Eric DeLaura
New York (Brooklyn) Dr. Salvatore Sclafani
North Carolina (Cary) Dr. Stephen Loehr
Pennsylvania (South Philadelphia) Dr. Lou Domenico
Virginia (Richmond) Dr. Jamie Urso

For the time being registering with me at CCSVI@aac-llc.com so I can refer you to the requested AAC clinic is better than calling the clinics directly.
User avatar
HollyBarr
Family Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby HollyBarr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 am

hopeful2 wrote:Holly, it's good to see you on TIMS again! You've certainly streamlined the process---wow. I don't really have a question (I got a message from you yesterday that was clear) but just wanted to welcome you back. :)

Patrice


Shucks and thanks, Patrice! Especially for your compliment on my efforts at streamlining. I feel very hard-hearted at times, and would really love to take more time with each individual email but just putting "SEND AAC NATIONWIDE FORM" in the subject line of the email with nothing in the body of the email seems like the only way I can be fairest to the greatest number of people right now and get caught up on my email.
User avatar
HollyBarr
Family Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Holly

Postby HollyBarr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 am

Cece wrote:
HollyBarr wrote:After all the frustrating months working for Dr. Sclafani when he was shut down, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to find myself in this position and how grateful I am to American Access Care for approaching me with an offer for this particular job!!!

Those months were pretty frustrating, weren't they! (IRBs, shmIRBs.) :D

2-3000 people will be getting treated for CCSVI by AAC in the next year and you're to coordinate so much of this? I can't even imagine. I think they were fortunate to get you (as are we all). The amazing Holly....

I am wondering about the doppler ultrasound and if that is scheduled the day before the appointment? (This would be for Brooklyn.) Is there another one the day after?


Thanks, Cece...and loved your "shmIRBs"! Know you since found the answer but FYI for all here's the current Brooklyn scheduling paradigm starting in January:

Ultrasounds:
Thursdays, Fridays & some Mondays & Saturdays

Treatments:
Mondays, Fridays & Saturdays
User avatar
HollyBarr
Family Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby CCSVIhusband » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:51 am

Holly, is the plan to eventually get doctors in ALL AAC locations up and running? (like the one in Pittsburgh) ... a lot of people contact me about Pittsburgh doctors regularly - or for follow-up.

And while there have been liberations done in the region (maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud) ... it's been tough sledding and very hush hush (due to the "famous" and "powerful" neurology heads at our local hospitals.
User avatar
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA

Postby HollyBarr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 am

HappyPoet wrote:Holly, congratulations on your new position and welcome.

A magnificent match. A wonderful worker. A fantastic fit. An empathic employee. A perfect pairing. An omniscient offer. A CCSVI career. An excellent endeavor. A great gal. A terrific team. A lovely lady. A jammin' job. A happy hiring!

~HP


'Course I didn't ask for a penny more than my former salary and I'm working twice as hard BUT... Seriously I'm beside myself with happiness to have the opportunity many never get: a job doing something I really, really care about. Someone made a terrible mistake today in terms of scheduling their time efficiently: they asked me what I'm now doing for a living. An hour and a half later I had both of us in tears. Conviction and determination bring out strong feelings in people...

But I digress. Thank you, HP, for your gracious acknowledgement!
User avatar
HollyBarr
Family Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Next

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron