CCSVI Tracking

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dave57

CCSVI Tracking

Post by dave57 »

Dave, Male, age 53
Diagnosed in 2010 with RRMS
Treatments: Rebif - side effects - skin rash, moodiness, liver function out of range
Symptoms before CCSVI - cog fog, eye disturbances, headaches, numbness, tingling, choking, urinary urgency, fatigue, vertigo, hoarse voice, sleep problems, sore neck, ringing in the ears

EDSS - 1
FSS - 3
MSIS - 58

Stenosis Procedure History -

Doppler ultra sound, False Creek, 2010 - negative for stenosis
MRV, 2010, - negative for stenosis
CCSVI, November, 2010, Pacific Interventionalists, Newport Beach, CA
Diagnoses - 80% stenosis of right internal jugular veins (16 mm angioplasty with excellent results), 95% stenosis of left internal jugular vein (12 mm angioplasty with good results), abnormal valve in azygous vein and 40% stenosis (angioplasty with good results).

Number of relapses since procedure - none

Impact on MS symptoms - In less than three weeks, I feel better than I have in the past 2 1/2 years. Improvements include: less fatigue, more energy, eyes are tracking better, less numbness and tingling, no choking, almost no cog fog, shivered for the first time in a year, warmer hands and feet, no longer hear my heart beat, fewer headaches and less intensive ear ringing. Two weeks after having the procedure, I told a co-worker about having M.S. and the CCSVI procedure and they said "That's why you look younger".!!

Five Week Update
I am feeling almost normal. The biggest improvement is I have very little cog fog. I have had no fatigue for two weeks. My voice is normal. Numbness and tingling is almost non-existent. I have a lot more energy. No choking anymore. No urinary urgency. Mild to non-existent headaches. Barely noticeable ear ringing. All-in-all I feel like I did about ten years ago, about the time I started developing symptoms. I would suggest the CCSVI procedure to anyone considering it.
Good luck!

Three Month Update

Not a lot has changed, however, my cog fog is now non-existent. Sometimes, my head feels a little "off" and I have some numbness and tingling but no pins and needles. My energy level is good. I was out walking/running with my new dog today. I am still awaiting my DVD from Pacific Interventionalists - quite disappointed they have not sent it to me after numerous requests. I feel 95% better than I did before the procedure.

Four Month Update
Things are going very well. My signs and symptoms continue to improve. I still notice numbness and tingling in my right arm and leg but not as bad as before. Still no cog fog. My engery level is up. There are days when my head does not feel quite right but other that I am doing well. I am getting back into my hobbies. I think having the procedure is the best money I ever spent. I finally received the CD from Pacific Interventionalists which I plan on showing to my neurolgist at my next appointment at the MS Clinic. I discontinued Rebif prior to the procedure due to side effects.

Five Month Update

:D I am doing better still. Am noticing more improvements every day.
I am wanting to do more things every day because I have more energy every day. Once in awhile my head still does not feel quite right and I still notice my right arm and leg every so often but again the improvement is fantastic compared to what it was before the procedure. I know that this was the best money I have ever spent :D
Last edited by dave57 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Congrats, Dave!
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

Great to hear of your positive results!
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

so glad you are doing so good. rest and continue to improve.
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

Congrats on your procedure! :-) I hope you continue to see improvements.

I wanted to ask you about your voice -- you say one of your symptoms was being hoarse, as well as choking. I have had a lot of trouble with that too, and I noticed after my procedure that I could talk about the phone for a longer period without my voice going all hoarse. I was also able to swallow much better. You mentioned the choking is better, but I am curious, has your voice improved?
tiredloulou
Family Member

change in voice and swallowing

Post by tiredloulou »

yes, my voice had changed, right after my procedure
it was noticed by, 3 diff friends on phone
1 girl who attended my treatment

it has been 1 month now, and all my positive effects are hanging tough
fatigue
pain
swallowing
much better balance( amazes people who know me)
starting to work out at the Y-
still in scooter
but can use walker now inside of home.............short runs, but can....
hope the same happens for others after their treatment.......
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

tiredloulou, congrats!
leetz
Family Elder

happy

Post by leetz »

So happy for you...you have been blessed! Amen!
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...