pacific interventionalists poll

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

If you were treated at Pacific Interventionalists in California, have you experienced restenosis?

Yes, I had restenosis.
40%
No, I have not had restenosis.
60%

Total votes: 10

Cece
Family Elder

Re: balloons

Post by Cece »

Kar wrote:Does the size of the balloon selected depend on the size of the patient? If so, the term "big balloon" is kind of subjective, isn't it?
Hmmm, let me think. The size of the balloon isn't dependent on the size of the patient but on the size of the patient's veins. So to a hypoplastic tiny jugular, even a small balloon might be big. But I think the term big balloons tends to refer to balloons in the 18 mm range and up. High pressures would be anything from, what, 14 atm and up? JohnJoseph reported patients receiving 35 atms pressure, I'm still kinda shocked by that.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

For those of you treated at PI and in Del Mar, were you given any post procedure meds?
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

Magoo! No I was not given any meds. after my surgery. No pain meds. required since I had absolutely no pain from the surgery. Dr. Arata did tell me to take one baby aspirin per day as he does for himself.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I was told by a patient at PI that the doctor does a follow-up ultrasound the day after and, if the veins are wide open and flow is good, he prescribes only aspirin. But if the flow is not good, then he prescribes anticoagulants. Not sure how 100% accurate this is, as I didn't hear it directly from the doctor, but I thought it was a different approach.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thanks for the replies. I am still wondering about Del Mar???
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

NotFound wrote:I am not sure how I would be able to tell.

From what I understood there is no "follow up" as we know it, unless we choose to undergo venography again.

Unless one can estimate by disappearance / reappearance of symptoms, but that is if one HAD change in symptoms (I didn't. Yet?)
I agree with the confusion. I too was told that this was not something that they expected to see, so they didn't feel that they needed to look for it with follow-up. HOW CAN YOU KNOW IF YOU DON'T LOOK?

My symptoms improved a bit for three days, then got worse again. Not only that I had pain in the teated jugulars, and was unable to get hold of Dr. Harris at PI dailyl for over a week. I was told by Dr. Dake's office that since I had been treated elsewhere he would only see me for follow up if he got a Dr. to Dr. request from the treating Dr. So I was SOL. I have never had any follow up so I don't know.

I am a bit uncertain, but I think that PI has experience treating veins in the other venous angioplasty they do...Dialysis and Oncology and that is the reason they do not expect to see restenosis in the CCSVI patients, they do not see it in their other patients. However, the veinous occlusions would be totally different in those two diseases and CCSVI so the comparison would not be appropriate. They should know that.

Sorry, not much good to say about PI I am afraid.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Fogdweller, I would keep trying to get a referral to Dake. Believe me if you can get in with him you will be pleased and followed more closely. He has a better understanding of this procedure and has done excellent follow-up care as well as excellent treatment!! Good luck!
Rhonda~
heartsandskulls
Family Member

Post by heartsandskulls »

I slept through my follow up appointment on Thursday. I was utterly exhausted from travel and two days of being up at 7am and not being able to sleep for more than an hour each night due to travel/time zone and allergies.

I'm supposed to go down for my follow up and I'll report first hand what they recommend and what they do.
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

I'm still positive with the great improvements that I've had after being treated by Dr. Arata. So I guess I will be able to gauge restenosis by backsliding or gains evaporating. But so far so good (3 weeks) and without any blood thinners!
fogdweller
Family Elder

Re: pacific Interventionalist-

Post by fogdweller »

delete
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”