Russian language article on CCSVI procedures in Azerbaijan

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ThisIsMA
Family Elder

Russian language article on CCSVI procedures in Azerbaijan

Post by ThisIsMA »

Here is the link to the original article in Russian:

http://www.zerkalo.az/2010-12-22/societ ... azerbaijan

Here is the article translated to English by Google:
Wednesday, 22/12/2010

R. Orujev

In Azerbaijan, over 10 thousand people suffer from a serious illness - multiple sclerosis. Told reporters at a news conference on interventional radiology Central Hospital Customs Ilyas Hasanov. Multiple sclerosis - a chronic disease of the central nervous system with unpredictable and often progressive course. In this disease affects the brain, optic nerves, the spinal cord. Multiple sclerosis usually begins in youth, but can occur at any time during the life of 15 to 60 years. From multiple sclerosis, which, according to experts, the second after AIDS most prevalent disease worldwide suffer 2.5 million people, said the APA's press conference, MD, interventional radiology Ilyas Hasanov. According to him, in the world there are many treatments for multiple sclerosis: "Unfortunately, this treatment can not stop the progression of the disease, patients over time are confined to bed. The causes of the disease is still not fully known to science."

Syndrome of chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) was first described by Italian Paolo Zamboni vascular surgeon in 2008. Since 2009, many European countries carried out surgery to remove CCSVI.

I. Hasanov said that since April this year for the first time in the post-it conducts such operations in Azerbaijan in the Central Hospital customs. About 40 patients were successfully operated. If in Europe such an operation costs about 10,000 euros, the cost of the operation in Azerbaijan is around 5,000 euros: "The operation lasts 1-2 hours. After surgery, complaints of patients are reduced by 50-60%. But the operation does not eliminate the disease and its causes occurrence, to restore the scattered centers in the brain is impossible. "

According to I. Hasanov, one of the causes of multiple sclerosis is a restriction to the brain blood vessels. As a result of this restriction, these centers are crushed. The first symptoms are split vision, dizziness, weakness.
DX 6-09 RRMS, now SPMS
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

Well, thank you so much!

Now I do not have to struggle with translation to explain CCSVI to my relatives :) (the English to Russian that is)
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Great!!! The russian-speaking world was still sleeping. And it is a sleeping giant about to wake up.

Thanks for the info.