ISET January 2011

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

hopeful2 wrote:Cece, thanks for your post (on a different thread) about fusion imaging at the European Congress of Radiology. While scrolling thru the Esaote pages I saw this advertisement on page 7:

A dedicated area to MyLabTMVinco, the unique Product designed for CCSVI diagnosis, is located just after the main entrance area: Esaote is proud to present this innovative product and its new concept to the Radiological world!

I didn't know about a product marketed specifically for CCSVI diagnosis. I'm curious to know how much sharing of information on new technologies, products (and of course IR procedures) happens across the globe? I know there have been symposia and conferences dedicated to CCSVI that were attended by folks from a variety of continents---but do individuals from ECR communicate regularly with ISET faculty and attendees?

I realize Dr.s Zamboni, Sinan, Simka and others (my apologies for names I'm leaving out) speak often with doctors who were at ISET (I know Zamboni was at ISET so he covered both events) but I'm curious to hear how much of that actually happens.

Patrice
patrice
it happens all the time. we are international colleagues. we invite each other to share our experiences and insights. This summer i convened a symposium in three weeks. Dr Petrov, Sinan, Costa Ricans, Mexicans, Americans, Canadians worked together in just three weeks of preparations.

Also this summer I was in china with leadership of Society of Interventional Radiology SIR (american) , CIRSE Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe, JSIR- Japanese Society of Interventional Radiology, CSIR- Chinese Society of Interventional Radiology...unfortunately, the representatives from Antarcica were unable to attend because of a snow storm. I can tell you that among the highest topics was CCSVI

Just as patient advocates have crossed boundaries at the speed of electrons, so too do your physicians communicate in the same way.
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

Cece wrote:
HappyPoet wrote:
Rather than give up the research entirely, [Salvatore Sclafani, MD] left his post at SUNY Downstate and moved to an ambulatory center where, he said, he could evaluate "a thousand patients a year."
YESSSSSSS!
:) :D :) :D

you think, in a thousand patients, he'll be fitting in just ONE cece anytime soon? :)

Cece, I really hope that your insurance goes through fast, so you will be among the thousand patients Dr. Sclafani has on his list for 2011.
CD
:D
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thank you, CD. :D

The 'thousand patients/year' figure has to be off, though, if Dr. Sclafani only does two patients a day and there are not 500 days in the year! I think it's for the AAC clinics as a whole.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Here's a blog post from Ms Andisue and her adventures at ISET:
http://andisue.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-beginnings.html
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Cece wrote:Thank you, CD. :D

The 'thousand patients/year' figure has to be off, though, if Dr. Sclafani only does two patients a day and there are not 500 days in the year! I think it's for the AAC clinics as a whole.
it is. but i am starting to do three patients a day, if i can get them scheduled
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

drsclafani wrote:

it is. but i am starting to do three patients a day, if i can get them scheduled
Good news Dr Sclafani. :D I am sure you have a long wait list. With insurance approval, your schedule, and the patients schedule, it must be hard to coordinate on the calendar.

I hope over time things get moving faster for you and the AAC Clinics. How many AAC Clinics are trained and up and running now?-any more than before? I think about 6 or 7 was on the list of actually doing the CCSVI procedure.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

CD wrote:
drsclafani wrote:

Good news Dr Sclafani. :D I am sure you have a long wait list. With insurance approval, your schedule, and the patients schedule, it must be hard to coordinate on the calendar.

I hope over time things get moving faster for you and the AAC Clinics. How many AAC Clinics are trained and up and running now?-any more than before? I think about 6 or 7 was on the list of actually doing the CCSVI procedure.
The goal is to keep the number small for the first 6-12 months. No interest in flooding the market and diluting the experience of the first eight.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CD wrote:Good news Dr Sclafani. :D I am sure you have a long wait list. With insurance approval, your schedule, and the patients schedule, it must be hard to coordinate on the calendar.
Did you see in the AAC thread, how vivavie got in to be treated by Dr. Sclafani last week with less than a week's wait? There is a wait for patients who have insurance that is not yet credentialed, but for patients self-paying as vivavie was or on medicare or the list of approved insurance companies, the opportunity to be treated by Dr. Sclafani is there.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”