a publication on normal cerebral outflow

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby CD » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:45 am

I believe my Endocrinologist said I make too much insulin in the Islets of Langerhans..in the Pancreas?????
CD
CD
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: a publication on normal cerebral outflow

Postby CaveMan » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 am

I was reading the other thread (Is this MS?) and it linked here, I know this thread has been superseded, but thought I'd post anyway.
My take on the glucose thing is more on the imbalance side.
Even though our bodies can metabolise both fats as well as sugar(carbs), they cannot remain healthy by surviving on just one or the other.
As ballpark numbers we probably evolved to get our energy in the ratio of 75% fats & 25% sugars, but the majority of western populations has this balance reversed to 25% fats and 75% sugars, in addition other nutrient factors may reduce the ability to utilise fats even less, hence the western obesity epidemic.
The way I understand it Fats provide baseload power & sugars provide, spontaneous, specific and emergency power, The sugar/Insulin pipeline was never designed to provide baseload power, hence there has to be some ramifications for overloading this system.
(I haven't analysed the Vegitarian or Vegan diets to understand fully what their fat & sugar balance is, so can't comment there)
That is my take on the story so far, may be simplistic, but works for me till I am convinced of something better.
Going back to finish reading the other thread.
I am just an interested individual trying to crack the autoimmune nut.
Partner has Graves Disease, 5 years, showing good test results, looking forward to potential remission in the near future.
3 friends have MS, 1 just recently diagnosed, severity 7/10.
CaveMan
Family Elder

Re: a publication on normal cerebral outflow

Postby Cece » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am

Healthy eating is at least something in our control. Carrying around less weight is easier on our bodies, up to a point.
Insulin drives sugar into our cells. In CCSVI, our brain cells may be glucose-deprived. Insulin's effect would be good for such cells. Acquiring insulin resistance would be bad.
Fake sweeteners also cause insulin to drive sugar into cells.
Cece
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)