Dr. Makris' 1st CCSVI Procedure-28 Dec 2010

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Re: hi!

Post by Donnchadh »

MariaChristo wrote:The lady that takes care of the insurance things called me today, she put it through and said everything is OK to go!
I'm very excited to co and have it done! and to know that you were there and took all of those lovely pictures is wonderful! Thanks!
Great! Please let us know how it goes for you. Good Luck and hoping for geat results.

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
anamishguy
Family Member

Re: Dr. Makris

Post by anamishguy »

Donnchadh wrote:
anamishguy wrote: Donnchadh,
I will be there on March 21st also. Jackie emailed and asked to move my dates up one day because they are only doing U/S on Mondays at this time. I am scheduled for 11:30. Do you know of anyone else scheduled before my procedure on the 22nd or will I be his second patient?
I am scheduled for 11:00am, just before you. Be sure to say hi.

My impression, after talking to Jackie, was that no more procedures had been done after mine in December. They wanted to get the ultrasound up and running first, so I suspect that you may well be the second CCSVI patient. They are considering doing 2 or 3 CCSVI patients a week after they are set up.

Good Luck,

Donnchadh

ETA: Did you find reasonable accommodations near the clinic? Are you driving there?
Sounds like they are scheduling patients now. They asked if I wanted to move my appt up. I'm happy that he will have a little more experience before I get there. Starting to get excited.
npost999
Family Member

Post by npost999 »

I heard from the clinic yesterday that my insurance will not be excepted & the total cost is $10,000 for diagnostic venography & angioplasty.

NP
anamishguy
Family Member

Post by anamishguy »

npost999 wrote:I heard from the clinic yesterday that my insurance will not be excepted & the total cost is $10,000 for diagnostic venography & angioplasty.

NP
I was told $7500 for the U/S and procedure and around $2500 for the arixtra script without insurance.
npost999
Family Member

Post by npost999 »

anamishguy wrote:
npost999 wrote:I heard from the clinic yesterday that my insurance will not be excepted & the total cost is $10,000 for diagnostic venography & angioplasty.

NP
I was told $7500 for the U/S and procedure and around $2500 for the arixtra script without insurance.
Nothing was said about the script, but this was a short email telling me about the insurance not being excepted & then the costs for the procedure if paying out of pocket.
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

I was quoted US$7,500 plus the cost of Arixtra (which was paid to Walmart, not to AAC), but haven't received the Medicare Explanation of Benefits for the procedure yet.

Maybe they havce decided to raise the price of treatment?

Donnchadh
Last edited by Donnchadh on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

npost999, are you local to Chicago? There are at least two other doctors performing CCSVI treatment in Chicago, you'll want to check with them to see if they accept your insurance. If you're here in the Midwest, we've also got Dr. Cumming in Minneapolis. My insurance would not have been accepted at AAC Chicago but it would've been at AAC Atlanta or Dr. Siskin or Dr. Cumming or one of the other Chicago docs, etc.
npost999
Family Member

Post by npost999 »

I'm in Illinois, but not local to Chicago...about 4 1/2 hours away. I've met with one of the other Chicago doctors back in November, but wasn't really sold on him and there was a couple of things that I didn't care for during our meeting. I'm looking at changing health plans in May to become effective in July & will see if then it would be covered. I figure paying a little extra each month will be more cost efficient than paying the $10K out of pocket or so. Plus I've passed up a couple appointments & waited several months already, so whats waiting another two months to change insurance plans.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

if you feel comfortable saying, how much did it cost? testing and procedure?
they use the full zamboni procedure for testing, right?

sorry to bug you with all these questions

how do you feel, any improvement you noticed so far?
rusty2
Family Member

Post by rusty2 »

How did your follow up go?
npost999
Family Member

Post by npost999 »

Has Dr. Makris started up again with testing & doing the procedure?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

anamishguy was patient #5 recently:
www.thisisms.com/ftopict-15972.html
npost999
Family Member

Post by npost999 »

many thanks for the link, never saw that when I scanned the topics on the board...guess I need to read closer.

Thanks again
MariaChristo
Getting to Know You...

yay I'm here!

Post by MariaChristo »

Just got here to Oak Brook today, I have my ultrasound tomorrow!
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Re: yay I'm here!

Post by Donnchadh »

MariaChristo wrote:Just got here to Oak Brook today, I have my ultrasound tomorrow!
Good Luck!

Let us know what happens.

Donnchadh