Can we help Prof. Haacke?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Rici
Family Elder

Can we help Prof. Haacke?

Post by Rici »

Hi
Can we help Professor Haacke?
"I hope all on here recognize the tremendous contribution Prof. E. Mark Haacke has made to the discovery and learning process of CCSVI. He has been at the forefront of exploring venous stenosis, slowed perfusion, and the ramifications of CCSVI in people with MS. He was featured in the CTV special in November 2009, and received thousands of calls and e-mails, even calls to his personal cell phone. He has always been available to pwMS to discuss his research. He is a brilliant researcher, and a real gentleman. His Haacke MRV protocol, being utilized through the Hubbard Foundation IRB, is creating a record of blood flow, iron deposition, oxygenation and the brain before and after angioplasty.

Here is Prof. Haacke's informative site--
http://www.ms-mri.com/

Prof. Haacke has taken some heat from other medical professionals, and it hasn't been easy for him. As we sadly know, there are many medical professionals that would like to see investigation of CCSVI just go away.

Prof. Haacke's MS-MRI project needs our help. Prof. Haacke has not received the funding he had hoped for from MS Societies or the National Institute of Health this year--- even though he applied for grants, and has received major funding from the NIH and many other organizations before. This fact alone enrages me, but I don't want this appeal to be based on anger, but rather on my deep belief that we can gather our resources together, and help out. This research will not just go away. Prof. Haacke needs funding to further scan pwMS and normals, to compare and contrast, and to process the information. He's very dedicated, but he's one man. He needs help.

We have over 18,000 members on here. If we all chip in a little, it can mean a lot. Please know this, I will not take advantage of our group, but this is an urgent and important need.

Click on the link below, and help out in any way you can via paypal--
http://mrimaging.com/donate.html

thanks for reading this, and for helping out-
Joan"
Qelle:
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

This information from CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis with the following address was also on facebook.

I've used paypal for thousands of dollars worth of transactions, Judy, and have never had a problem....but I understand that not everyone is a fan. if people would rather use checks, they can be sent to-

THE MRI INSTITUTE
440 EAST ...FERRY STREET
DETROIT, MI 48202
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

i agree. dr. haacke's research is very important in figuring all this out. he's taking a lot of heat and he needs some cool cash to keep this going.

thanks for the address.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Done!

Paypal is easy to use and has always worked fine for me.

Thanks so much Rici!
This is a terrific way to start off the New Year!

:D
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Prof. Haacke's MS-MRI project needs our help. Prof. Haacke has not received the funding he had hoped for from MS Societies or the National Institute of Health this year--- even though he applied for grants, and has received major funding from the NIH and many other organizations before.
Dr. Haacke has my support.

And I love a good letter-writing campaign - perhaps we could write to the MS Society expressing our disappointment that they did not fund his critical research when he has been a leader in CCSVI in MS research from day one? His bona fides speak for themselves, he was researching iron in the brain in pwMS before CCSVI ever came along.

Here is his page on the ISNVD site:
www.isnvd.org/about/mhaacke/
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Thanks so much for bringing this information over here from Facebook, guys!
I was shocked to learn that Dr. Haacke hadn't received any of the funding he had applied for (a first for him). Since he's testing normals and pwMS for CCSVI, collecting this data and preparing for publication, he has a lot of plates spinning at his university positions and needs paid assistants to help him. Whatever we can do to help -it is appreciated.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

Yes!

He was the one who re-evaluated my MRV after I was pronounced "just fine" in Poland.

Whatever I have in my PayPal is going to the posted address!
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Cece wrote:
And I love a good letter-writing campaign - perhaps we could write to the MS Society expressing our disappointment that they did not fund his critical research when he has been a leader in CCSVI in MS research from day one?
I e-mailed the President of MS Canada shortly after the grants were announced. I told him I was shocked at the snub of Dr. Haacke. I also told him I would no longer donate to MS Society and that my donations instead would go directly to Dr. Haacke's McMaster research.

I received no reply from MSS, so I guess they simply don't care about my past donations for over a quarter of a century and my past role of working on major fundraising campaigns.

Even though they ignored my earlier message, a large letter writing campaign may help. Cece, you seem to be a master at that. Look at what happened for Barb Farrell (although the hospital where the letters were directed still did not budge from their position).

In any case, it's time for me to donate again directly to Dr. Haacke's research.

Thanks for the reminder Cheer and Rici.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Blaze wrote:Even though they ignored my earlier message, a large letter writing campaign may help. Cece, you seem to be a master at that. Look at what happened for Barb Farrell (although the hospital where the letters were directed still did not budge from their position).
We definitely raised awareness that time around. Does anyone know more about the grant process at the National MS Society? He was just recently turned down? Who had the power to grant his request and chose not to, and what are the email addresses and mailing addresses? What specific action can we ask for: that they reconsider his proposal, that they grant any future proposals? Is reconsidering a proposal even possible? I feel myself getting angry just thinking about this, so I will have to watch that, I would not want to sully Dr. Haacke at all with this letter-writing campaign but only to support him and raise up all the fine work he has done in the past and the fine work that he is doing right now that is going financially unsupported by our own MS Society.

It's not enough just to express disappointment, with a campaign we have to be asking for something.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hi
I asked for help for professor Haacke on the Polish fourm as well. http://www.ccsvi-ms.pl/forum/ - This post: http://www.ccsvi-ms.pl/forum/viewtopic. ... 4f065b17aa . Already, people ask me hoe to set up an account on PayPal
Warm greetings
Rici
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

I just made a contribution using paypal and it was easy. But I already have a sellers account on there, so that's probably a large part of it. I did list the snail mail option earlier for others.

I got to thinking maybe an auction on e-bay might be a good thing with all the proceeds going to Dr. Haacke.

I'm not at home, so I can't auction off any of my watercolors......hum.....I'll have to ask my brother if he would contribute one of his oil paintings to our cause.

Every piece of sand helps build our magnificent beaches.

Lora
CenterOfGravity
Family Member

Post by CenterOfGravity »

Has anybody thought about getting this or the CCSVI alliance on the pepsi refresh challenge? It seems like it could garner money that way, even if it is the $50k or $25k categories? They have new voting every month it seems. I wouldn't have both compete the same month, but it's a way to get money for non profits!
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hi
It is now so easy to support Professor Mark Haacke like never before. You do not even need to write e-mail address, just insert a dollar amount, choose intended support option and click.
Regards
Rici
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

Absolutely! Thanks for making it known here Rici.
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

Made my donation via paypal, thanks!