Three Month Update

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CaptBoo
Family Elder

Three Month Update

Post by CaptBoo »

It's been 3 months since my journey to Atlanta Access Care to visit Dr. Sullivan. He ballooned my right jug which was 60% stenosed, my left jug which was 40% stenosed and my azygous which had 40% narrowings in two places.

After 3 months I describe myself as a healthy man with a gimp leg. Prior to the procedure I had three complaints, fatique, balance and left leg spasticity, especially when it got tired.

Fatigue: I have not needed a nap since September, I can go all day and suffer no consequences the next day.

Balance: I can stand on one leg, either leg, for as long as I want. I can close my eyes in the shower and use both hands to wash my hair.

Left leg: It's about the same. Since my balance is so much better I don't fall nearly as often, but the foot fall still trips me up some times. It gets a lot worse after I use it a lot.

All-in-all. My MS is no longer a slow death sentence. The leg is an inconvenience, but with renewed vigor I shall overcome and lead a normal life in spite of it.
<div>There be no dragons   ...Reese Palley</div>
Crystwo
Getting to Know You...

Post by Crystwo »

Good to hear you! As someone who just had the procedure 4 days ago (and already sees improvment) it's good to hear from people like yourself who had it a few months ago. Keep up the positive thoughts and therapy...more improvment could certainly happen. My doc told us that whatever happens in the first 9 months is typically what you end up with. So you have 6 months of improvments left to go!
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Great News!
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

That's wonderful news. I'll pray for your continued improvement.
ATLKimo

Post by ATLKimo »

Thanks for the update Boo! I'm very happy for you!
CaptBoo
Family Elder

Post by CaptBoo »

It's your turn Jim
<div>There be no dragons   ...Reese Palley</div>
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

good to hear you are doing so well. hope you continue to see evenmore improvements.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Thanks for the update and assessment, great going so far!
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap