dr ponec in delmar?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

dr ponec in delmar?

Postby onesickrace » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:04 pm

anyone gone thru him for the procedure? your thoughts, advice, etc are more than welcome.. thanks.
onesickrace
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby onesickrace » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 am

anyone? no one?
onesickrace
Family Member

Postby Cece » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Maybe ask over on the Facebook CCSVI page? I think Dr. Hubbard has more of a following over there and Dr. Ponec is one of the docs at the Del Mar Vein Clinic working with Dr. Hubbard.

Winnipeg Girl asked about Dr. Hubbard this week and got no responses either, it's rather odd, he's been one of the options since August, there must be many people who have gone through him.

Arlene Hubbard has posted that 10% of the people who have gone through them have gotten stents, which presumably includes patients treated by Dr. Ponec. That's enough to scare me off, I listen to Dr. Sclafani on that matter.

Wishing you the best, onesickrace. Are you considering going with Dr. Ponec?
Cece
Family Elder

Postby onesickrace » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 pm

cece, thanks, i am going with him on the 17th. ponec wont do stents unless there is 0 blood flow. this is my second go around withh ccsvi with the first being in arizona at the az heart institute. where i had a bit of a nightmare go down. long story, if youre interested let me know. i was referred to dr ponec by dr dake, so i feel comfortable with my decision but still nervous that my azygos will renarrow as it did 3 hours after my first attempt last sept.
onesickrace
Family Member

Postby IrinaS » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi Onesickrace,

I had surgery with Dr. Ponec on December 22 last year. The staff was wonderful and the doctor himself was excellent. They did three balloons ( two Jug and the Azygos). Unfortunately, I didn't get any improvement in my symptoms. Since the Hubbard protocol stopped doing the follow up MRV, I can't say how successful was the surgery.

If you need more information, I'll be happy to tell you more.
IrinaS

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)