Question for ladies ONLY who have had CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
brave
Family Member

Question for ladies ONLY who have had CCSVI

Post by brave »

Hello Ladies
I had CCSVI done 45 days a go, my first period after procedure, has been extremely heavy and has lasted 15 days.
:evil: :x
This worries me and makes me very weak. Have you had any issue with your period after CCSVI?

Thanks,
brave
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

What blood thinners are you on, if any? I remember someone reporting this long ago, I'll see if I can find the link. With her I think it was due to the blood thinners.

edited in: this is not the poster I was thinking of, so there is yet another poster as well who had the same issue:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-109805.html#109805

here is the poster I was thinking of:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-85283.html#85283
Week 4 had trouble with warfarin, low hematocrit (near transfusion level) due to heavy menstruation for 19 days lead to passing out and 2 trips to the emergency room. Dr. said to stop warfarin & plavix 11/29.
msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator »

You already know my info, but for anyone else is reading this who missed my post on another thread.

I have had three periods since my procedure in Oct. and every time I have almost a flare up for 24-36 hours. I have seen some nice improvements since the procedure and these "flares" make it really obvious how far I have come in normal times.

I responded really well to being pregnant, so I am guessing there is some kind of hormonal link for me. I haven't found anything really helpful on that though. I have my problems on days 3-6 of my cycle.

Ann
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
ebygin

Post by ebygin »

Since my procedure in Nov. I have had more bleeding. I asked my doctor and was told it is due to the blood thinner. Thankfully, I have no symptoms or experience anyhting out of the ordinary during that "time of the month".
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

I read this thread to my partner, Emma.

She has reached her first cycle after procedure and commented it was far more heavy than normal.

The only thinner she takes is 75mg enteric coated asprin.
Nasti
Family Elder

Post by Nasti »

This is due to the blood thinners. If it is not too much of a problem for you, keep taking them. You can also consult with your doc. The periods have been heavy for me also. Now, after 7 mos, I think that the blood thinner's effects are almost gone, I even think that my blood is as thick as it was before. It will go away.
Kathyj08
Family Member

Post by Kathyj08 »

Mine started as soon as I returned from Bulgaria, so I was still full of the thinners. Yes, mine was very heavy and weeks long.
I have to say so far I've not had any more since I am finally reaching "that age"!
(this was 6 mo. ago)
brave
Family Member

Post by brave »

Thank you very much all for your replies.
Even though I'm weak and frustrated with my cycle, your words give me hope.

Cece ,
I appreciate your time, searching for related posts and pointing me to those links.

Thanks again,
brave
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

no problem, brave, I'd remembered that an ER trip was involved the other time it came up, so took this seriously....
vivavie
Family Elder

Post by vivavie »

I was regular every 29 days before procedure in Poland.
I started bleeding the day I began Plavix and it lasted 65 days - quite heavy.
I have not have another period since then even though I am on blood thinner since April 25
Clexane (14 days) + Plavix until Sept
Coumadin and Lovenox for 11 weeks (never got INR therapeutic)
Now Lovenox and Plavix until thurday

It will be the first time in 9 months not on any blood thinners!!!
It did not prevent stent candywrap stenosis and thrombosis!

I hope I will get some relief and regain a bit of energy went I stop those.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I read on the Lovenox website that there is no need for any type of blood testing, as I recall, is this so?
vivavie
Family Elder

Post by vivavie »

when they prescribe coumadin they give you Lovenox for a week just until the INR testing is controlled between 2-3. They kept increasing the coumadin dosage but my INR never stabilised higher than 2 for two consecutive tests.

This is why this time they didn't bother with it and put me on lovenox and plavix for 1 month instead. It is also because this time I did not get a stent.
nagsy
Family Member

Post by nagsy »

Hi,

Prior to the procedure (Jun 2010) my wife's monthly cycle was between 21 and 24 days long. 24hrs before each period my wifes symptoms would get worse.

Post-procedure month by month the length of Sandi's monthly cycle has got longer and longer - this month it was 29 days. There has been no difference in regards to her period being heavier or lighter. and Sandi still feels worse 24hrs before her period.

Sandi only had heparin injections for 7 days following the angioplasty.

Cheers,

Pinda
Still fighting the fight!
brave
Family Member

Post by brave »

Thanks for all replies again,

I saw Dr yesterday and he stopped my Aspirin even though I have a swollen foot.
it's strange that some days my I see just spots and like getting close to finish line but all sudden picks up heavily again.
after CCSVI, I have been on Aspirin 325 mg daily until yesterday.

brave
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

I noticed menstrual irregularities as well. Attributing a heavier flow while on Plavix made perfect sense. Now that I am off the blood thinners, though, I find that my cycles are waaaay off (from 21-24 days to 14 most recently). I hope this straightens itself out soon. A real pain.
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.