Almost instant improvement....

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
tikrtokr

Almost instant improvement....

Post by tikrtokr »

I had the Doppler scan last Wednesday, and the procedure Friday. After four hours in recovery, I was putting my pants back on and noticed that my balance was back...drastically improved since that morning. I wasn't expecting any immediate improvements.

As I put pants on every day, I've been very well aware of my balance issues. I either have to sit down, or hold onto the bed (or something sturdy) while putting them on. Even then, it's rather difficult and sometimes scary (I hate falling).

I haven't been able to stand on one foot for several years, but now, post procedure, I can.

I surely hope this is a permanent fix!
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

Yes, that was one of the many symptoms a lot of people talk about and they notice improvement in right away.

What did you have done during the procedure? What ballooned, where, stents ... the usual questions.

Congrats!
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

What did you have "fixed"?

Jugs, azygos or both?

It's great to have any form of instant result and we'd be delighted if you'd like to share more with us.
tikrtokr

Post by tikrtokr »

Seriously...it's just all "in my head" (and my neck)!

I had 60% stenosis in my left jug...50% in my right jug. Had a venogram and balloon procedure.

In addition to the improved balance, I have improved energy (yes, my wife agrees), and my vision is less hazy.
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Outstanding.

As you notice things, make a note of them, then next time you're on update us.
tikrtokr

Post by tikrtokr »

Improvements so far:

-Balance continues to be significantly better

-Cog-Fog significantly better

-Vision is better (especially noticeable at night)

-Numbness is better

-Haven't had the tingling in spine since procedure (was experiencing this daily)

Two days ago, I went for a 5.5 mile bike ride on a road bike. I felt so good afterward that I got out my mountain bike and rode through some very challenging terrain for an hour and a half. Walked 2.5 miles today....

I'm really addicted to feeling better!
Luvsadonut
Family Elder

Post by Luvsadonut »

fantastic news, you said that you walked for 2.5 miles and had a bike ride for 5.5 miles, how far could you achieve prior to the op?
tikrtokr

Post by tikrtokr »

Walking prior to procedure: struggled to make a mile...wiped out afterwards

Biking prior to procedure: haven't been able to road bike (due to lack of balance) for several years. Have sporadically been able to ride mountain bike on smooth. level surfaces. Of course, with a mountain bike, you're seated rather upright. With a road bike it's more difficult because you're leaning forward over the handlebars.....

The biggest issues I'm having right now (by far) are the side effects of Avonex.
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

I wrote about this in someone else's thread, but I also had balance improvement -- however, it was "head" balance stuff, not core trunk balance, if you know what I mean. So vertigo-related stuff improved -- I was able to look left and right without feeling dizzy-sick, for instance. But if I lean over too far while sitting I will still . . . slowly . . . go . . . down. :-) I guess that's strength, not balance?

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. Stay hydrated! :-)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”