Thrombosis in Egypt

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

thanks, that was a helpful post!!
I have an excellent chili recipe, I am going to have to make it. :D
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Cece wrote:thanks, that was a helpful post!!
I have an excellent chili recipe, I am going to have to make it. :D
Ah, that's where it all begins, an innocent chilli. Then you find yourself adding some 'Frank's Hot Sauce', next comes the 'Mega Death Sauce', then the 'Mad Dog Silver Sauce' and, before you know it, you are eating raw habañero pepper, or worse.. It is a slippery slope Cece..
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I would far rather eat raw habanero peppers dipped in Frank's Hot Sauce than have a clot even consider taking up residence in either of my jugulars. :)

And I am still very glad yours was evicted, with a little help from the hot sauce and the prescription blood thinners and a healthy dose of good luck. We could all use good luck around here, we've had enough of the bad.

I am still a little euphoric from my procedure, does it show?
Last edited by Cece on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Cece wrote:I far rather would eat raw habanero peppers dipped Frank's Hot Sauce than have a clot even consider taking up residence in either of my jugulars. :)

And I am still very glad yours was evicted, with a little help from the hot sauce and the prescription blood thinners and a healthy dose of good luck. We could all use good luck around here, we've had enough of the bad.

I am still a little euphoric from my procedure, does it show?
It does, I'm everso glad for you. You deserve all the luck in the world after your devotion on the forum here..
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I am still a little euphoric from my procedure, does it show
Really? 8O :lol: :lol: 8)
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Liberation wrote:L,
it is good to hear that your thrombosis has cleared. I am also considering getting the treatment in Egypt; however, there are some issues that I still wanna address beforehand. I do not know how the valves are treated in Egypt? In case of a narrow annulus, would they destroy the annulus while they are treating it? A vascular surgeon told me that in his opinion this can cause the remodeling of the vein. In case of a leaflets fusion, would they just open up the leaflets or would they destroy them? I know that they are saying that 15% of the people have no valves, but is there no consequnce of getting rid of the valves?
Hello

As you probably know, Dr Tariq considers problems with valves to be behind most of the stenosis. I think the annulus is broken, yes. At least I think that that must have been the loud crack that I heard when they treated the left IJV and performed a valvotomy. As for the procedure in the case of leaflets fusion, I have no idea. But remodelling of the vein- isn't that the idea? What undesirable outcomes does the surgeon predict?

You could always ask Dr Tariq direct - http://www.drsinan.com/en/Info.aspx?d=2 He's quite slow at responding to emails sometimes though.. If you do then could you share the answers with us?

You'd be able to visit Tahrir square! And the tourists sites will be a lot less crowded (I saw a segment on Al Jazeera - right now you are one of a dozen tourists wheras there were thousands a few months ago in Giza, it must be pleasant to have your own personal tour of the pyramids!) Mind you, that's not really the most important thing..
Last edited by L on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hot Sauce

Post by NHE »

Cece wrote:I take curcumin supplements, although I'm on a supplement-holiday while taking the Arixtra since the procedure. Would curcumin and cayenne pepper work in the same way? I might pick up some hot sauce, L, that's a natural way to get it during this post-procedure time.
Not to scare anyone away, but I believe that it should be noted that comparing Mad Dog 357 to regular "hot sauce," e.g., Tobasco, is like comparing an oxy-acetylene torch to a match. There is a good reason the label on Mad Dog 357 comes with a hold harmless statement.
[color=blue]Ashley Foods[/color] wrote: I agree, as indicated by my opening this bottle, as follows in connection with my purchase of this product:

1. Due to the extreme hot nature of this product, this product shall be used as a food additive. This product can cause serious injury if directly consumed, ingested or applied to the body.

2. Due to the extreme hot nature of this product, this product shall be used with extreme care in very small amounts only.

3. This product is to be used at my own risk, and I am fully understand the potential danger if use or handled improperly.

4. If I give this product as a gift, I will make the recipient fully aware of the potential danger if used or handled improperly.

5. I hereby disclaim, release and relinquish any and all claims, actions and lawsuits that I, or any of my dependents, heirs, family members or legal representatives, may have against any party relating to any damage or injury that may Result, or is alleged to have resulted, from the use, consumption, ingestion, contact or other use of or from the product.

6. I am not inebriated or otherwise not of a sound mind, and I fully able to make a sound decision about the purchase of this product.
NHE
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

NHE wrote:
Cece wrote:I take curcumin supplements, although I'm on a supplement-holiday while taking the Arixtra since the procedure. Would curcumin and cayenne pepper work in the same way? I might pick up some hot sauce, L, that's a natural way to get it during this post-procedure time.
Not to scare anyone away, but I believe that it should be noted that comparing Mad Dog 357 to regular "hot sauce," e.g., Tobasco, is like comparing an oxy-acetylene torch to a match. There is a good reason the label on Mad Dog 357 comes with a hold harmless statement.
[color=blue]Ashley Foods[/color] wrote: I agree, as indicated by my opening this bottle, as follows in connection with my purchase of this product:

1. Due to the extreme hot nature of this product, this product shall be used as a food additive. This product can cause serious injury if directly consumed, ingested or applied to the body.

2. Due to the extreme hot nature of this product, this product shall be used with extreme care in very small amounts only.

3. This product is to be used at my own risk, and I am fully understand the potential danger if use or handled improperly.

4. If I give this product as a gift, I will make the recipient fully aware of the potential danger if used or handled improperly.

5. I hereby disclaim, release and relinquish any and all claims, actions and lawsuits that I, or any of my dependents, heirs, family members or legal representatives, may have against any party relating to any damage or injury that may Result, or is alleged to have resulted, from the use, consumption, ingestion, contact or other use of or from the product.

6. I am not inebriated or otherwise not of a sound mind, and I fully able to make a sound decision about the purchase of this product.
NHE
You're right NHE, it was quite irresponsible of me to mention it - it's incredibly hot.. I'm addicted to it now (all the endorphins that are released by the body in response to the attack) and so I forgot what the experience of tasting a drop must be like for others. Nevertheless, from what I've read, I think that there's a really good chance that drowning myself in capsaicin cleared my thrombosis.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

That pepper stuff sounds like a right bloody good idea so to speak. I feel lucky though maybe it's early days. On the other hand maybe it's not a good thing that Dr. MacDonald's people were so tight-fisted with my results. They seemed to be respecting the doctor-doctor thing, and wouldn't tell me zip. Maybe also too full of themselves, because after all, I paid cash! They may have seen a thrombosis, but I haven't seen anything, even though they said they would send it to my doctor.

Anyway maybe I am luckier because of the heart stent regime. I was on Plavix for a year, before the Procedure, and another 3 months after. But my cardiac guy has also had me on lifetime prescriptions of 1 Adult (coated) aspirin per day, and 80 mg of a statin, which is a horse-pill high dose.
``The efficacy and safety of the drugs is outstanding,'' said Fodor, a spokesman for the Heart and Stroke Foundation and head of research in preventive cardiology at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.

In the United Kingdom, statins are available over the counter, without a doctor's prescription.

Fodor said the drugs ``are much safer than Aspirin.

``Somebody who has no detectable risk and is apparently healthy should not take (statins). But how many middle-aged people in Canada do not have some atherosclerosis? We cannot detect them easily at the moment.''
I know nothing about the safety. I have no idea if they have any effect on clotting. If statins help EAE/'MS' maybe it has something to do with blood flow.

The blood viscosity thing rears its head again. Because I suspect low viscosity has something to do with reflux, I wonder if the regime I am on for my heart has something to do with my legs. It is a crushing thing, which I can feel whenever I've had the laptop on my lap too long, even way before my legs jump.

Sorry, OT again, I know. Is there OK infrastructure in Egypt? I expect Gadaffi's reaction to the same sort of popular uprising has made things much more difficult in Libya.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

L wrote:You're right NHE, it was quite irresponsible of me to mention it - it's incredibly hot.. I'm addicted to it now (all the endorphins that are released by the body in response to the attack) and so I forgot what the experience of tasting a drop must be like for others. Nevertheless, from what I've read, I think that there's a really good chance that drowning myself in capsaicin cleared my thrombosis.
Don't worry about it. I just wanted people to know that this stuff isn't your typical hot sauce found in a grocery store. I actually have a bottle of it myself as I went through a chili head phase a while back*. I even considered buying some hotter stuff, perhaps a 1,000,000 scoville rated extract, but find that the Mad Dog at 357,000 scovilles is about as hot a sauce as I really need.

* I used to eat habanero lollipops (actual lollipops with chunks of dried habanero+seeds inside) and also chew on dried habanero seeds. I even started to develop a small numb spot on my tounge. However, one day I made the mistake of touching my face after handling some habanero seeds and felt a little burning sensation on my cheek. This would have been no big deal, but I got a little concerned about it and decided to wash my face. Big mistake. The soap and water carried the trace amounts of capsaicin into both of my eyes and I couldn't open them for about 15 minutes afterwards due to the pain. The Blair's Death sauces are good stuff though and so are Dave's Insanity sauces (at around 50,000 scovilles a few of drops in a small bowl of salsa are just enough to heat it up a bit). By the way, have you ever checked out http://www.mohotta.com ?

NHE Image
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

NHE wrote:
L wrote:You're right NHE, it was quite irresponsible of me to mention it - it's incredibly hot.. I'm addicted to it now (all the endorphins that are released by the body in response to the attack) and so I forgot what the experience of tasting a drop must be like for others. Nevertheless, from what I've read, I think that there's a really good chance that drowning myself in capsaicin cleared my thrombosis.
Don't worry about it. I just wanted people to know that this stuff isn't your typical hot sauce found in a grocery store. I actually have a bottle of it myself as I went through a chili head phase a while back*. I even considered buying some hotter stuff, perhaps a 1,000,000 scoville rated extract, but find that the Mad Dog at 357,000 scovilles is about as hot a sauce as I really need.

* I used to eat habanero lollipops (actual lollipops with chunks of dried habanero+seeds inside) and also chew on dried habanero seeds. I even started to develop a small numb spot on my tounge. However, one day I made the mistake of touching my face after handling some habanero seeds and felt a little burning sensation on my cheek. This would have been no big deal, but I got a little concerned about it and decided to wash my face. Big mistake. The soap and water carried the trace amounts of capsaicin into both of my eyes and I couldn't open them for about 15 minutes afterwards due to the pain. The Blair's Death sauces are good stuff though and so are Dave's Insanity sauces (at around 50,000 scovilles a few of drops in a small bowl of salsa are just enough to heat it up a bit). By the way, have you ever checked out http://www.mohotta.com ?

NHE Image
This Mad Dog silver edition is about 700,00o Scovilles they say, although it's probably a lie, and I think that it's about all I can take without using a pipette..

The lollipops sound great! I have just had my first habenero seeds that I planted sprout and plan to make some chilli + strawberry sorbet. Hmm, I'm not too sure but I'll give it a go. The face washing incident doesn't sound too nice...

A nice link there but I'm in the UK. I go to >this place.<
Last edited by L on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

My friend Phil used to be a weird bird. One day we dropped him off on the street in Chicago because he wanted to hitchhike to the Astrodome to see a guru. He was wearing nothing but a robe, and carrying nothing but a guitar and a flute. One of the last times I saw him in those days he made himself a little ill because he sat down with some pita bread and ate a full jar of whole jalapeno peppers. Ooogh.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

1eye wrote:My friend Phil used to be a weird bird. One day we dropped him off on the street in Chicago because he wanted to hitchhike to the Astrodome to see a guru. He was wearing nothing but a robe, and carrying nothing but a guitar and a flute. One of the last times I saw him in those days he made himself a little ill because he sat down with some pita bread and ate a full jar of whole jalapeno peppers. Ooogh.
Phil sounds great!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”