EHC Commences Doppler Scans in Guildford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MarkW
Family Elder

EHC Commences Doppler Scans in Guildford

Post by MarkW »

On Friday 21-Jan-11, Vic Fenando of EHC conducted the first scans of neck veins at the Whiteley Clinic in Guildford. Vic has conducted over 700 scans at EHC in Glasgow and is going to be scanning in both centres.
Guildford is close to London and London Heathrow airport, so is more convenient than Glasgow for many people. Bookings are being offered to people on the EHC waiting list only. Enquiries and registration must be directed to EHC not the clinic. The service, tests and price are same as the Glasgow Clinic but the consultation after the scan is conducted by phone.

MarkW
PS I have no financial interest in EHC or the Whiteley Clinic.
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

That's great news, we won't have to trapse up to Glasgow for Emma's follow up scan, it'll be a 45 minute drive instead.

Vic actually lives near London so Guildford is whole lot less travelling for him also.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

We had the scan done over the weekend.
Vic was very affable and let me sit in the room to observe. He was surprised to see that hubby had collapsed veins with no flow in either erect or supine position. He also noted 4 stenosis ranging from 3mm,1.3mm,1.8mm and 0.8 mm. Vic was surprised because my husband is still walking for without difficulty for short periods of time and does not look like a typical patient.

I don't know if the procedure will help us-RPMS-but at least there is hope.
It was also nice that we could get to the Whiteley clinic in less then an hour!!
Trent
Family Member

Edinburgh Clinic / EHC Glasgow

Post by Trent »

I am on the waiting list for Edinburgh, having been scanned at the end of October.

My booking ref # is in the 720‘s. Can anyone give an idea as to what number booking Edinburgh is up to and how quickly they are working through the list?

Are procedures to be undertaken at Guildford, and if so, when and by whom? Can we presume this may decrease the waiting time for Edinburgh? Or is Dr Reid to split his time between the two clinics?

Reports of azygous vein ballooning at Edinburgh seem important, but this wasn’t scanned at my appointment in October - is this a recent development? .

Can anyone explain the significance of my scan results obtained by Vic, the sonographer? I am told the norm for each measurement is 1.

L CCSVI 90° L JUGULAR CSA : 3.54 mm² L JUGULAR DELTA CSA : 10.05 mm²
L CCSVI 0° L JUGULAR CSA : 13.60 mm² L JUGULAR DELTA CSA : 10.05 mm²

R CCSVI 90° R JUGULAR CSA : 7.01 mm² R JUGULAR DELTA CSA : 15.77 mm²
R CCSVI 0° R JUGULAR CSA : 22.78 mm² R JUGULAR DELTA CSA : 15.77 mm²

How long is one required to be in Edinburgh?

Any hotel recommendations for wheelchair dependent patients?
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

I think the clinic recommends a hotel if you are having the op there. I understand that you have to stay in Glasgow at least 5-6 days before you head home. Call them. They are very helpful
Trent
Family Member

Post by Trent »

Thanks, but longer than I'd hoped.
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

Depend if you fly or drive to edinburgh, I had my procedure on a Saturday and flew back to Bristol on the Monday think if you have far to go in car they suggest you stay up there longer, just call them there real lovely.
Trent
Family Member

Edinburgh CCSVI op

Post by Trent »

Thanks, but it's a car trip. Didn't know they worked Saturdays though.
MarkW
Family Elder

Veins in Trunk

Post by MarkW »

Hello Trent,
Doppler scans only scan jugular veins in the neck. Vein problems in the trunk are diagnosed with a catheter venogram performed in Edinburgh.

MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
Trent
Family Member

Edinburgh clinic

Post by Trent »

Thanks Mark. Will expect azygous evaluation at the clinic, then.
Would you tell me what scan ref # you were? - (to my inbox if you prefer).
Chris
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

Hi there,

Do they focus on fixing the valves to correct the stenosis like Dr Arata?
Been reading a post by Jugular ( I think that's his name) who has had good progress thanks to that method.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am not aware of any clinic that does not focus on the valves, as does Dr. Arata. I might post a thread just to ask this, thanks for the reminder.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

Thanks cece..

Fingers crossed for you btw!
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

When Emma was treated by the EHC, they commented they were seeing a lot of congenital valve issues.

It is certainly something that they actively look for.

I'm not sure that would qualify as concentrating on valves per se.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

EJC,
did they they comment on how they were dealing with the congenital valves?

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”