Clinics - Which one to Pick ! ?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
HopingHusband
Getting to Know You...

Clinics - Which one to Pick ! ?

Post by HopingHusband »

We have read a lot of the info on here and see that we have only scratched the surface.

We see that there are a lot of very good Clinics and Doctors in the U.S and overseas and would like everyones opinions of them.

We have read about such Clinics as Albany, NY and Dr. Mehta, Pacific Interventionalists in California and also overseas in Scotland....to name a few.

We would appreciate any comments either pro or con regarding these and any other Clinics and their Doctors, so that we can make a informative decision.

Many Thanks to everyone in advance and we wish everyone all the best !
javabean
Family Member

Post by javabean »

Although I have not had major improvements, I would sugggest Pacific Radioliogisdts b/c they tear the valve and not just treat the vein. They are more aggressive. For insatnce, in Albany a 14 mm balloon was used and in CA they used a 22mm. Just my opinion...
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

In my opinion, weigh the following. If your condition is pretty good, wait a few months. Then you'll have more locations that have been doing the scans and procedure. Experience counts!

If you feel you can't afford to wait, choose a site as close to home as possible. Follow up matters -- a lot! You need to be close enough in case additional services are required. What if a clot or restenosis occurs? Who will treat you if you need a change of meds? What about rehab?

In a few months, there will be more of a standard "recipe" to guide any good IR, but even then, I'd try to stick with someone who has had experience with CCSVI specifically.
HopingHusband
Getting to Know You...

Post by HopingHusband »

Thank you JavaBean and RoseGirl !

Very much appreciate your comments.

If there is anyone in Calgary, Alberta, that may also provide their experiences, please send us a note...

Good Luck and Good Health to everyone !!!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”