Countdown: 15 days away
So much support. Thank you.
We are part of something big here, with CCSVI, and I am honored to be sharing the journey with everyone here.
I've looked up my drug plan on its extremely slow-loading website. Dr. Sclafani's anticoagulant of choice is Arixtra, 5 mg, but it is not on my plan. Lovenox was covered, so I resigned myself to the Lovenox. Then I checked if a different dosage of Arixtra might be available. Jackpot! Arixtra 2.5 mg is on my plan. That means two shots a day instead of one, but I'm a pro from my Copaxone days, no problems there.
I am waiting for the all-clear, yes-this-is-going-through from Holly before I would be so bold as to get my airline tickets.
I sent an email for the Hubbard's registry packet in case Dr. Sclafani will agree to filling out the form needed for Dr. Hubbard's patient-centric registry. (www.hubbardfoundation.org
) And I took the water calculator test that Cheer has posted about. (http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwa ... lator.htm;
I need 2.4 liters or my jugulars will restenose out of thirst alone.) My husband requested the days off of work. My daughter talked about the Statue of Liberty and all that she will be seeing in New York.
One day closer.
Yes, it will be a long two weeks.