Cece's turn

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Cece's turn

Post by Cece »

I had a long-term follow-up appointment today for an ultrasound of the jugulars. There's really no guidance for when or if this is necessary, but after the difference angioplasty made in my health, it feels like continuing care is a good thing. Anyway, my veins look good and seem to be unchanged from my previous ultrasound which was a year and a half ago.

I've retained the majority of my improvements. Some things like mental clarity continue to improve over time. My glasses prescription, which had never in my life done anything other than stay stable or worsen, has improved the last two times I went to the optometrist. I continue to experience sweating and other autonomic improvements. Bladder improvements remain. Fatigue has continued to improve, but it's not at "normal persons" levels; ah well normality is a high standard to try to reach anyway. I used to use Provigil daily, now I use it infrequently, enough so that my bottle of pills has expired since it was filled over a year ago. Colors seem to come in and out of intensity. I would put the colors on the list of improvements that are fading, so not as insanely bright as they were initially but not as bad as prior to the procedure. Also fading is the foot drop improvement, because there was a time a few months post-procedure when it seemed that my right foot was as good as my left foot, and that lasted until this fall when my right foot weakness became noticeable again. That seems to be improving again but I liked it when it was altogether gone. My left arm numbness is still gone. This summer, I drove with my daughter to Madison WI on a three-day trip; that's a five hour drive and that's not something I would have even attempted three years ago, back when it felt like I needed a designated driver along to go anywhere in case I had sudden fatigue and cogfog that impaired my ability to drive home. There's more that I could list but that's pretty much the gist of it. :)
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Great News, thanks for updating us Cece :)

Nigel
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

good stuff !

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”