in a month after procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ykonstan
Getting to Know You...

in a month after procedure

Post by ykonstan »

i had my procedure with dr. Mandato on dec. 28, it is exactly one month since i had it.
My only change is constantly changing temperature of my body (no pms for me). it never happend before.
Now if i feel normal temperature, i can walk ok (not perfect) using my walker. then i can feel cold or hot and my condition changes absolutely - i hardly move my legs.
before the procedure temperature of my body was constant, i took some medicine to make my walking better (i take it now also) but i never felt differently in the mornig, afternoon etc.
to make it easy - i dont know how i will walk in 30 min.
does someone feel the same or at least can explain it to me. I have my own explanation but i need your input. thanks
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

I am not sure what is happening with the temp thing for you. I just wanted to bump this so maybe someone can help you with this. Hope someone chimes in soon. All the best to you!
Boyfriend dx'd 6-6-06!!! RRMS............CCSVI procedure done on Nov. 13, 2010 and March 7, 2011 by Dr. Sclafani!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am not sure - could it be autonomic nervous system quirks as a result of the new blood flow?

What is your theory?

It sounds unpleasant, whatever is causing it. I hope it settles down soon for you.
ykonstan
Getting to Know You...

Post by ykonstan »

just want to add when my body temp is normal i feel better than before the procedure - i enjoy walking holding on walls. For last two years i use walker all the time.
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

ykonstan wrote:just want to add when my body temp is normal i feel better than before the procedure - i enjoy walking holding on walls. For last two years i use walker all the time.
Oh yaaaay for you!! That is wonderful news!
Boyfriend dx'd 6-6-06!!! RRMS............CCSVI procedure done on Nov. 13, 2010 and March 7, 2011 by Dr. Sclafani!
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

soapdiva884 wrote: Oh yaaaay for you!! That is wonderful news!
SoapDiva884: your emoticons are getting more and more cheerful 8)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am having emoticon envy. :D

ykonstan, that is good news then!!
hopeful2
Family Member

Post by hopeful2 »

I don't have emoticon envy but I do have new changes in body temperature that didn't occur before my CCSVI procedure three weeks ago.

ykonstan, thanks for bringing this up because I've just tried to ignore it. You're not the only one dealing with it but my walking hasn't been effected. When I eat a meal that is slightly warm I feel heated up and my face and torso get hot.

Also at nighttime I wake up sweating several times each night. With full disclosure, I've gone thru menopause but of course it's possible that my body wants to re-enact those hormone changes all over again. :(

Since I'm barely back to my baseline from how I was pre-procedure my symptoms are very much in flux and I'm hopeful this may vanish. I'm considering it an unfortunate thermo regulation adjustment that could get difficult for me when summer weather comes but is manageable right now.

I hope things get easier for you and keep me posted on how you're doing.

Patrice

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”