"Walsh's wildest dreams were realized"

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

"Walsh's wildest dreams were realized"

Postby Cece » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:11 pm

After treatment in Bulgaria:
Walsh's wildest dreams were realized when her multiple sclerosis symptoms abated -her mobility improved so much that the wheelchair she'd been fitted for was left to gather dust.

Then after restenosis and retreatment at Pacific Interventionalists:
Like before, Walsh feels a million times better. She still knows she isn't cured and there's a chance her veins will narrow again. Asked if she regretted the trip to Bulgaria, Walsh said knowing what she knows now, she'd advise others to go somewhere closer to home. But she doesn't regret her decisions.

"No, I don't. If I wouldn't have gone, who knows how much my MS would have progressed while I was waiting. I was given my quality of life back much earlier."

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/re ... story.html

It's interesting, I'd be happy to balance these stories out but the Canadian press is mostly publishing success stories. They mention the risks and the death in Costa Rica but the individual story is almost always a good outcome.

I agree with bigfoot and prairiegirl, on the last similar post I made, when I asked if reading an anecdote in a newspaper makes a bigger impression than reading it elsewhere, and who answered that it's the people with MS who you know in your own life who come back with improvements that make the biggest impression of all. :)
Cece
Family Elder

Advertisement

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)