Zamboni Applies for Patent.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
concerned

Zamboni Applies for Patent.

Post by concerned »

Kind of puts all this "CCSVI docs aren't treating MS" nonsense to rest.

Read here: http://tinyurl.com/4a23c45
Last edited by concerned on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

brought to you by the '' doctor '' who has kindly informed the world of the evils of potatoe chips ... :wink:

mmmmmm ...... potatoe chips

LOL ..... gotta love that clown Rose.

Mr. Success
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Scandalous.

Am I the only one NOT profiting from this disease?
concerned

Post by concerned »

MrSuccess wrote:brought to you by the '' doctor '' who has kindly informed the world of the evils of potatoe chips ... :wink:

mmmmmm ...... potatoe chips

LOL ..... gotta love that clown Rose.

Mr. Success

You meant POTATO, right? Or were you just clowning?
Is that you Mr. Quayle?

The reason why I posted this is that the patent application clearly states that it is for diagnosing MS, not CCSVI.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

To me the distinction is important to make, whatever was written on an ultrasound doppler patent application two years ago. Until or unless MS and CCSVI are proven to be one and the same, the only thing that can be seen with an ultrasound doppler of our necks is if we have central venous stenosis. You cannot diagnose MS through a doppler ultrasound of the veins. Not yet anyway. You can diagnose central venous stenosis, specifically CCSVI, which warrants treating in its own right.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Awwwww. Is somebody sad, because maybe somebody else is selling a machine that can do an extremely much better job at treating human beings than many 'MS' neurologists can do at stepping on doggie do?

Let me tell you what this patent application will do, other than what Colin Rose is telling the world, which is to make someone rich off of what he says is bogus clap-trappery. (Has anybody guessed, he lies?)

It will protect the inventors somewhat from theft. It will also publicize the invention. It will also protect 'MS' patients from scams like 'MS' clinics where they and their caregivers wait hours on end to be seen by overpaid semi-doctors who do nothing but give them odd tests and try to look wise and all-knowing, and insult them as much as possible.

It will protect them somewhat from people who are trying to make money from 'MS' treatments that *are* a scam, like Rebif, etcetera. Richard Prior could tell you about that, if he were alive.

When someone sells something, their motivation may not always be be to get rich, drive Ferraris, and all those frivolous things Rose likes to think about.

They just might be trying to make a living doing something decent that helps a lot of people. Patents protect those jobs too. They aren't just Cocaine fund makers for Facebook billionaires. They might be helping a lot of Italians feed their kids.

I say, go Dr. Zamboni. This will maybe help the foundation and tide you over till the Nobel Committee gets around to you.

You-tube has some fascinating people on it these days. For some unknown reason I have met a lot of them. They seem much more fascinating after they have had the Procedure. You might want to spend some time watching them. You won't be so sad about Dr. Z's patents, or so fixated on his activities. There are a lot of other physicians and scientists doing good things with what he started.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
concerned

Post by concerned »

Speaking of Richard Pryor and cocaine, maybe that had something to do with his heart attack?
Leonard
Family Elder

Post by Leonard »

1eye wrote: It will protect the inventors somewhat from theft. It will also publicize the invention. It will also protect 'MS' patients from ...

It will protect them somewhat from ...

They just might be trying to make a living doing something decent that helps a lot of people. Patents protect those jobs too. They aren't just Cocaine fund makers for Facebook billionaires. They might be helping a lot of Italians feed their kids.

I say, go Dr. Zamboni. This will maybe help the foundation and tide you over till the Nobel Committee gets around to you.
1eye, I sympatise with you. The patent system is a great thing that helps our society forward and rewards risk taking and deep investment in researching new directions. Yet, the things that should be patentable should be new, disruptive, and represent deep investment. Otherwise, and that is what we often see these days, if people think they have something new, the first thing they do is run to the patent office. With as a consequence that new thinking or developments potentially affect thousands of patents. This hampers innovation, in your country and in Europe, in fact kills it all because companies simply can not oversee the risks anymore.

But no need to worry. The net will solve all of this. The notion of Intellectual Property will completely change becasue of it.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

concerned wrote:Speaking of Richard Pryor and cocaine, maybe that had something to do with his heart attack?
Gee, a veritable fan! Makes you wonder why being on fire didn't trigger one. I guess he hadn't got sick enough yet back then.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Zamboni Applies for Patent.

Post by 1eye »

concerned wrote:Kind of puts all this "CCSVI docs aren't treating MS" nonsense to rest.

Read here: http://tinyurl.com/4a23c45
Why? Treatment only happens after diagnosis. Seems less invasive than a spinal tap. Or even a hot bath.
Not a doctor.
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Cece wrote:To me the distinction is important to make, whatever was written on an ultrasound doppler patent application two years ago. Until or unless MS and CCSVI are proven to be one and the same, the only thing that can be seen with an ultrasound doppler of our necks is if we have central venous stenosis. You cannot diagnose MS through a doppler ultrasound of the veins. Not yet anyway. You can diagnose central venous stenosis, specifically CCSVI, which warrants treating in its own right.
Well, not exactly.

If finally an association between MS and CCSVI appears (even if they are shown not to be cause and effect), diagnosis for CCSVI will be used for MS diagnosis. The method is called "Bayesian inference", in case somebody wants to take a look at it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

concerned wrote:You meant POTATO, right? Or were you just clowning?
Is that you Mr. Quayle?
Bwahaha that's pretty funny.

And btw, I know Mr. Quayle. Mr. Quayle is a friend of mine. And MrSuccess is no Mr. Quayle.
fernando
Family Elder

Post by fernando »

Zamboni plans to make himself a billionaire by patenting a disease, “CCSVI”, and the means to diagnose it. He realizes that he can’t patent the “liberation” procedure which is now done by dozens of venal, unscrupulous surgeons around the world but he can patent the machinery to diagnose the condition for which “liberation” is the treatment
Unscrupulous and fool enough to fall into buying an expensive Doppler machine that does nothing?

What is the market for this machine? Stupid and scrupulous surgeons?
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Concerned, thank you for the laugh!

Malden is the first poster (of a whopping three) on Colin Rose's comments section, but because he's been banned from TIMS, I dare not copy his post here.

LOL.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”