New Toshiba MRI machine

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thisisalex
Family Elder

New Toshiba MRI machine

Post by thisisalex »

http://www.medical.toshiba.com/products ... ntrast.php

an interesting new technology from Toshiba. looks like it will be easier to measure flow without contrast agent....
With exceptional sensitivity to slow flow, FBI is particularly well-suited for evaluating peripheral vascular diseases of the lower legs and extremities. It acquires arterial and venous flow in a single coronal pass requiring less scan time than other MRA techniques. FBI also eliminates sensitivity to issues like improper timing, turbulent flow and differential filling that can cause contrast-based MRA to fail.
Alex
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Re: New Toshiba MRI machine

Post by prairiegirl »

thisisalex wrote:
... looks like it will be easier to measure flow without contrast agent....
I hope so, Alex. It would be great if gadolinium was not necessary for high-resolution imaging. I don't like the potential side-effects and warnings of contrast dye injections. Thanks for posting this.
Nunzio
Family Elder

USA

Post by Nunzio »

The only problem I see is that Toshiba called this technique Fresh Blood Imaging (FBI) and Contrast-free Improved Angiography (CIA)
and I do not think patients would want to be investigated by FBI and CIA, at least in the USA
Everybody here brings happiness, somebody by coming,others by leaving.  PPMS since 2000<br />
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

You're right, Nunzio-- that sounds VERY invasive! :lol:
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: CIA & FBI Scanning

Post by NHE »

prairiegirl wrote:You're right, Nunzio-- that sounds VERY invasive! :lol:
I suppose they won't let me where my aluminum foil hat into the MRI scanner... 8)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”