Went on a little Wheelchair Kamikaze rant…

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
marcstck
Family Elder

Went on a little Wheelchair Kamikaze rant…

Post by marcstck »

I think you folks will get a kick out of it…

http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/2011/ ... g-red.html
Last edited by marcstck on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pairOdime
Family Elder

Post by pairOdime »

I greatly enjoyed the piece Marc....nicely done. You've got my vote:)
It's a paradigm shift
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

A Must Read!

Marc's newest blog entry is one of his best entries ever. He tells our story like our story really is. From the sadness of cancer patients dying to the funniness of men being "chrome domed and limp schlonged," this paragraph is a wonderful example of Marc's mastery of using emotion in writing:
marcstck AKA Wheelchair Kamikaze wrote:When it comes to medical research, our society has its collective head up its ass. We have extensively trained and credentialed brilliant minds working on cures for baldness and erectile dysfunction while cancer patients are dying, MS patients are becoming crippled, Parkinson's patients are losing control of their bodies, diabetics are going blind and losing limbs, and Alzheimer's patients are watching the very essence of who they are slip away. Granted, being chrome domed and limp schlonged may indeed be upsetting, but sorry, Buster, get to the back of the line. Oh, but wait, I keep forgetting that making money is the goal here, and aging men will go deep into hock for a head full of wavy hair and a phallus that will spring to life at the drop of a pill.
Thank you, Marc, for capturing so many of my feelings about being a person with a chronic illness. I especially love the paragraphs about neurologists. Terrific work!

You've got my vote, too! :D
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

Well done! MS 101 Essential Reading as always!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

fantastic as always...
IHateMS
Family Elder

Post by IHateMS »

read it yesterday.

it rocked :!: :!:
concerned

Post by concerned »

I read this yesterday as well.

Eloquent and engaging, as always.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

as always you have the gift of putting into words what we are thinking and living. noone does it better.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Intelligent, articulate, and insightful as always, Marc....
CaptBoo
Family Elder

Post by CaptBoo »

One of the reasons I discount almost every post made by concerned, lyon and scorpion is that nothing they say relates to the physical and emotional relationship I have with this disease. I truly believe they know nothing about it. On the other hand, while I may or may not agree with everything WK blogs, I have no doubt that he and I share the same disease and have the same single-mindedness in our quest to maximize our quality of life and therefore the quality of life of those who share it with us. Thank you Marc for putting into words the feelings of a lot of us.
<div>There be no dragons   ...Reese Palley</div>
rainer
Family Elder

Post by rainer »

CaptBoo wrote:One of the reasons I discount almost every post made by concerned, lyon and scorpion is that nothing they say relates to the physical and emotional relationship I have with this disease. I truly believe they know nothing about it. On the other hand, while I may or may not agree with everything WK blogs, I have no doubt that he and I share the same disease and have the same single-mindedness in our quest to maximize our quality of life and therefore the quality of life of those who share it with us. Thank you Marc for putting into words the feelings of a lot of us.
So in order to compliment one person, you have to insult three.
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Marc, you crushed my hypothesis that a rant in english isn't quite possible without using the f*-word... :lol:

Really like it. If it wasn't for my relatives, your blog is one of the best ways to learn what it really means to have MS.
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

rainer wrote:
CaptBoo wrote:One of the reasons I discount almost every post made by concerned, lyon and scorpion is that nothing they say relates to the physical and emotional relationship I have with this disease. I truly believe they know nothing about it. On the other hand, while I may or may not agree with everything WK blogs, I have no doubt that he and I share the same disease and have the same single-mindedness in our quest to maximize our quality of life and therefore the quality of life of those who share it with us. Thank you Marc for putting into words the feelings of a lot of us.
So in order to compliment one person, you have to insult three.
Not insulted at all Rainer. Sometimes it is hard for me as well not to lash out at the world around me and blame others for not the finding "the cure, not working hard enough, etc, but I take a step back and realize what has happened to me is just the luck of the damn draw.
hopeful2
Family Member

Post by hopeful2 »

Great rant, Marc. I felt better just reading it!

Patrice
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Brilliant Marc!

Drury