Prescription Needed ASAP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

I hope things worked out well for you, WinnipegGirl! Wish you all the best!
(Drury- great to hear re your daughter's upcoming treatment; sent PM)
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Can you tell us where you are going and what exactly is the name of the medication?
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

When I approached my GP, I explained that I was having the procedure done and that I needed him to monitor me afterwards while on the blood thinner. I took a publication with me regarding CCSVI, which he really appreciated having. He gobbled the information up...it was amazing. Afterwards, he was way more receptive.

He also didn't understand why that particular drug was required. But again, after reading the printout I had from the IR, he then called my pharmacy to ask them about it and found that it is commonly used... He asked the pharm what blood work was required for followup and gave me all the paper work needed to get it done.

That turned out easier than getting approval from my insurance working with AAC. Still a total no go. Maybe some day...

Best of luck and hope your GP pulls through!

~^,,^~
WinnipegGirl_83
Family Member

Post by WinnipegGirl_83 »

Hi all,

Thanks for your support and replies. Long story but I was able to get a few days of Plavix from a friend. Once I get home I will get the prescription filled. From what I've been told Cdn. physicians cannot refuse to treat you.

The first time I had the procedure i was on aspirin, plavix, zantac and clexane. My second time around Im only going to be on Plavix. Should I be nervous about that? Im going to ask the doc when I get there!

I am going to MN to see Dr. Cumming.

Drury, I wish your daughter luck with her upcoming procedure. Who are you seeing this time around?
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I'm going to see him as well. He said to me Plavix and baby aspirin beginning 5 days before and for a month after-No stents either he told me and I agree...He's the doctor and if Plavix was risky why would he prescribe? Seems silly to me, but just my thoughts.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I forgot to ask you, where did you get your first treatment done, any stents, if you don't mind me asking you?
mavis
Family Member

Post by mavis »

Thornyrose I think Winnipeggirl just questions if Plavix should be accompanied by a true blood thinner, an injectible drug like Lovenox maybe?
That really makes sense. I was also on Plavix, Lovenox, and Aspirin after my first treatment.
WinnipegGirl_83
Family Member

Post by WinnipegGirl_83 »

Yes that's exactly what I was meaning Mavis. It just sits a little uneasy with me taking only a fraction of the blood thinners. With that being said, and after taking with Dr. C, I trust his judgement. He is a compassionate, thorough, and knowledgable doctor. He obviously knows better than I.

Thornyrose, I was treated the first time in Egypt. August of 2010. I had a number of substantial improvements after my procedure. Where were you treated the first time? When are you seeing Dr. Cumming?
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I haven't been treated yet, I was hoping for a IR close to home as we all know the absurd situation going on in CANADA! I was on the waiting list for Dr. Siskin but it's just too far given my condition.(wheelchair). I was on the waiting list for Dr. Makris then Minneapolis popped up>. I talked toi Dr. Cumming and after felt confident that he knows his stuff and that he was the best option for me. He put my worried mind at ease immediately! :)