Dr. Zivadinov finds CCSVI in 100% of pwMS, 0% of controls

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CaptBoo
Family Elder

Post by CaptBoo »

Now that Zamboni's theory is circling the drain and it's all over but the crying, those that have helped so much in keeping all of us safe from the snake-oil people can bask in their sense of accomplishment and feel justified in now moving on to protect other innocent victims of foolishness. God-speed.
<div>There be no dragons   ...Reese Palley</div>
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Just check out the ISNVD thread to see all of the new and exciting developments being carried out at international universities. The Zivadinov/Zamboni presentation was big news on Italian TV/print press yesterday. Today it is the new mouse model from Stanford and the hydraulic model of CCSVI from the University of Bradford, UK. There are new doctors investigating, new insight, new interest. no crying :)
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

Not just doctors ... but scientists.

And now we have a standardized way of detecting and quantifying CCSVI ... So now, all those neurologist studies have a guide ... I'd be interested to see the patients they choose to study going from the neurologist led CCSVI study, right next door to a vascular/IR (who is at INSVD right now) led CCSVI study ... and see if they get the "same results". I'd bet my life savings, we'd see what we continue to see. Neuros can't find a thing in any, vascular doctors find it in all.

Anyway ... I posted this yesterday, but it's an interesting article about being wary of who is who in an online world ...

<shortened url>

You can never be sure ... and if drug companies weren't involved in it before ... it won't be long (I'd suspect Facebook would be first though - or the NMSS page ... I suspect it's already happening there, big time).
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

forum can't parse that link, here it is in tinyurl form:

http://tinyurl.com/5wqq23e

Very good for people to be aware of this stuff.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I wonder if there are any personas here? Naaah, that would be paranoia.

What is definitely needed is an easy electronic signature, with bulletproof encryption, that implies a person and not a machine, a citizen and not a scam, a person of voting age and of legal competence, not a paid scab, that can be attached to emails and blog entries alike. People are going to lose their rights (and with them their money and their lives) if they don't soon make such a device universally available. Like a credit card with an RFID device in it, or a fingerprint scanner (there's one on my laptop). A lot of ground has been gained on the Internet, but the attempt will be made to buy it back, if not to take it by force.

DNA: can it be used for this?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

1eye wrote:I wonder if there are any personas here? Naaah, that would be paranoia.
Does not compute, does not compute.............
cheerleader wrote: Just check out the ISNVD thread to see all of the new and exciting developments being carried out at international universities. The Zivadinov/Zamboni presentation was big news on Italian TV/print press yesterday. Today it is the new mouse model from Stanford and the hydraulic model of CCSVI from the University of Bradford, UK. There are new doctors investigating, new insight, new interest. no crying :)
While I'm losing hope that the day will come, I'd LOVE to eventually be proven wrong.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

(o)
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Lyon wrote:While I'm losing hope that the day will come, I'd LOVE to eventually be proven wrong.
This is what I hate about you, Lyon. You've created a no-lose situation for yourself. :wink:
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

What I don't understand is why he looks at INSVD ... and sees IT "circling down the toilet" ... or that he's "losing hope"

:roll:

Maybe he isn't looking at the stuff coming out of INSVD at all ... or at the thousands (and growing) of anecdotal reports ...

Though I see he IS looking at that one guy's blog lately ...

I guess you can only see what you want to see until someone hits you in the head with the book.
CenterOfGravity
Family Member

Post by CenterOfGravity »

Lyon wrote:
1eye wrote:I wonder if there are any personas here? Naaah, that would be paranoia.
Does not compute, does not compute.............
cheerleader wrote: Just check out the ISNVD thread to see all of the new and exciting developments being carried out at international universities. The Zivadinov/Zamboni presentation was big news on Italian TV/print press yesterday. Today it is the new mouse model from Stanford and the hydraulic model of CCSVI from the University of Bradford, UK. There are new doctors investigating, new insight, new interest. no crying :)
While I'm losing hope that the day will come, I'd LOVE to eventually be proven wrong.
Just curious, why would you be losing hope when the journey has just started and top doctors are on the path? The path seems to be moving forward very rapidly, I'm just curious how it is that you look out the window on a sunny day, and see rain?
CaptBoo
Family Elder

Post by CaptBoo »

Please people, he's done all he can to help us. Let's let him move on and help others with his wit and wisdom now that the theory we have been discussing has gone down the drain.
<div>There be no dragons   ...Reese Palley</div>
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-39.html
If you disagree with someone, please succinctly state why and let it go at that. Point, counterpoint, counter-counter point, etc. is not useful-- the reality is that after the first disagreement, you will rarely convince another of something they feel strongly about unless you have shocking new information to share. The drawn-out debates also turn people off from reading the messages in the first place.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.