CCSVI Atlanta

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
jtjdmj
Family Member

CCSVI Atlanta

Post by jtjdmj »

they are doing a doppler ultrasound on Saturday to see if I even qualify for this procedure, any thought? Did anyone else have to qualify?

Jaime
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Best wishes for Saturday!! Yes, most people have ultrasounds prior to the procedure, it gives something for comparison for after the procedure or follow-up ultrasounds. In the CCSVI Atlanta thread, they've posted that 98% of people with MS who get tested there are found to have CCSVI. So odds are good that you will qualify. I considered going with them but didn't like that the ultrasound wouldn't be covered by insurance and I was waiting for Dr. Sclafani, who only became available a few months ago. But CCSVI Atlanta and the doctor to whom they refer (at least the one I know of) are on my 'recommend' list, for what that's worth. ;)
CCSVI_Atlanta

Post by CCSVI_Atlanta »

Cece wrote:I considered going with them but didn't like that the ultrasound wouldn't be covered by insurance and I was waiting for Dr. Sclafani, who only became available a few months ago. But CCSVI Atlanta and the doctor to whom they refer (at least the one I know of) are on my 'recommend' list, for what that's worth. ;)
Cece, just to clarify - at present CCSVI Atlanta does not accpt insurance assignment. Individuals are able to submit directly with their insurance provider and some are getting reimbursement - all depend on their policy.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks for clarifying. That's better than how I thought it was then.

At Pacific Interventionalists the entire procedure is done with the patient paying cash up front and collecting back from the insurance. At CCSVI Atlanta, it is just the ultrasound that is done that way...or that is my understanding, anyway. The clinic that does the procedure itself will submit to insurance directly without the patient having to do that part.

If I'd known the 98% figure back in late September or October, when I was considering Atlanta, that would've been good to know. There is that fear when committing to travel expenses that I'd turn out to not have CCSVI. But so far it seems to be holding true that if you have MS, you have CCSVI.