Thrombosis

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

Thrombosis

Post by dania »

Dr Mike Arata March 17 at 11:45am Report

Thrombosis following ccsvi treatment is almost always anatomic and not related to a clotting disorder. We have treated multiple patients with known clotting disorders without difficulty. The incidence of these clotting disorders is actually low and in the absence of risk factors I would not recommend testing.

Antiplatelet agents have not been demonstrated to prevent venous thrombosis. In fact the risk of bleeding and transfusion was increased in at least one large trial using aspirin as part of a post-surgical DVT prophylaxis regimen. Specifically, I am not aware of a single study demonstrating their efficacy or safety following venous angioplasty or stenting. The use of aspirin or plavix cannot be endorsed following CCSVI treatment.
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

Curious about this too, especially in light of the above comment.

http://www.ptca.org/news/2008/0205_PLAVIX.html

They also have an active patient forum.

http://www.ptca.org/forumtopics/forumtopics.html
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-14370-.html
Hi
In the veins are the blood without oxygen and there is no pressure. Stents should be avoided in the women veins. Informed me that my doctor and doctors in Moscow.
greetings
Rici
Liberation
Family Elder

Re: Thrombosis

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Liberation wrote:
dania wrote:Dr Mike Arata March 17 at 11:45am Report

Thrombosis following ccsvi treatment is almost always anatomic and not related to a clotting disorder. We have treated multiple patients with known clotting disorders without difficulty. The incidence of these clotting disorders is actually low and in the absence of risk factors I would not recommend testing.

Antiplatelet agents have not been demonstrated to prevent venous thrombosis. In fact the risk of bleeding and transfusion was increased in at least one large trial using aspirin as part of a post-surgical DVT prophylaxis regimen. Specifically, I am not aware of a single study demonstrating their efficacy or safety following venous angioplasty or stenting. The use of aspirin or plavix cannot be endorsed following CCSVI treatment.
Hi dania, What do you mean by "Thrombosis following ccsvi treatment is almost always anatomic and not related to a clotting disorder"? Is there any observation what is the cause of thrombosis, clotting after CCSVI treatment?
As for the the after-treatment, do you mean that anticoagulants are effective while antiplatelets are not in case of veins?
This is what Dr Arata from Pacific Interventionalists said, not me.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Liberation wrote:
dania wrote:
Liberation wrote: Hi dania, What do you mean by "Thrombosis following ccsvi treatment is almost always anatomic and not related to a clotting disorder"? Is there any observation what is the cause of thrombosis, clotting after CCSVI treatment?
As for the the after-treatment, do you mean that anticoagulants are effective while antiplatelets are not in case of veins?
This is what Dr Arata from Pacific Interventionalists said, not me.
Hey. thanks. I am just wondering what he was trying to say then. So, I think it would be good to know what he means by anatomic.
Adj. 1. anatomic - of or relating to the structure of the body; "anatomical features"
I think he is saying that clotting following angioplasty in the veins is not caused by clotting factors , such as Factor V Leiden or protein C or S deficiencies.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Liberation wrote:
dania wrote:
Liberation wrote:
Hey. thanks. I am just wondering what he was trying to say then. So, I think it would be good to know what he means by anatomic.
Adj. 1. anatomic - of or relating to the structure of the body; "anatomical features"
I think he is saying that clotting following angioplasty in the veins is not caused by clotting factors , such as Factor V Leiden or protein C or S deficiencies.
Thanks dania. So, do I understand correctly that it is not a genetic disorder, but a structural thing and it can happan to anyone?
Yes. That is what I thought too.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Liberation wrote:thanks. that is not a good news. i would be happier if i could have found out whether I am proned to clotting or not beforee the proceduree.
Have you been tested to see if you have a clotting disorder? All it takes is a blood test.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

where i went i told them i had the mthfr making me prone to clots heart attacks or stroke. when i told them they asked what mthfr was. soooo, that was aug3. , 2010. i was on plavix 3 mo. i take nattokanise hopeing it will help prevent clotting and scar tissue build up. but, i hold my breath and hope the doppler test here know what they are doing.

i would hope that time passing has led to better ways. but the way i get it when that vein is entered and disturbed the intimal hyperplasia could be very real as i'm getting happened to dania. and who knows who else. they recommended a doppler follow up in 3 mo. and every 3 mo. for a yr. but, is 3 mo. down the line maybe too long to wait to get checked? it sounds like it can happen pretty quick and if not addressed a person could loose the vein totally.

soap, that is the question i have too. how many times will a persons veins tolerate this treatment before the veins have said enough?

i'm finding as much as i thought i knew and understood--there is a lot of things i did not know or did not comprehend.

but, it is what it is i guess and we can only hope they come up with something before there are a ton of people out there with ms and no veins left to treat.

so, support ccsvi research as much as we can and hope.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

dania
Family Elder

Thrombosis

Post by dania »

First, Intimal Hyperplasia takes about 3 months or longer to develop. Elastic recoil can happen immediately. While on the operating table. I believe the only accurate way to find out is with a venogram.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I think my scar tissue is still growing as I am having a bit of pain under my ear:( There is not a lot of room up there.

I so hope my body grows some new veins to compensate.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”