Dr. Makris 5th procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

What insurance is it, anamishguy?
Hope an appeal is successful.

The ultrasound follow-up is fairly cheap, all things considered, if it has to be out-of-pocket.
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

My Ultrasound follow up included a doctor consultation and was expensive. I just went recently.
Where there is a will, there is a way. "HOPE"

CCSVI Procedure December 2010
anamishguy
Family Member

Post by anamishguy »

Three Rivers Preferred is my insurance company. The U/S looks to be almost $700 from what the insurance was billed at the one month checkup. I don't know if that will change since I am self pay now.
anamishguy
Family Member

Post by anamishguy »

Insurance appeal has been denied on the grounds of "experimental" for MS. Sounds like I am being discriminated against because I have MS. I might call the ins company today and bring that up.
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

Can you file a compliant with your state insurance regulator? After all you can prove from the venogram that you indeed did have venous disorders and benefited from treatment. Don't need to prove its related to "MS" or not.

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
anamishguy
Family Member

Post by anamishguy »

I did file a claim with the Indiana Department of Insurance and I emailed my insurance company to let them know and that I am looking into discrimination laws to see if I have any legal rights on the matter. I sent the email a few hours ago and am waiting on a reply. I probably will not here anything until later this week. I will keep everyone informed.
Donnchadh wrote:Can you file a compliant with your state insurance regulator? After all you can prove from the venogram that you indeed did have venous disorders and benefited from treatment. Don't need to prove its related to "MS" or not.

Donnchadh

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”