do we vote Liberal?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

I don't agree with the MSSC that the feds should "earmark" funds for CCSVI research "...if or when study is warranted".

This is exactly like the letters the MSSC wrote to politicians a year ago telling them they shouldn't support any of the CCSVI research/treatment pleas we were making until THEY let them know that it was warranted.

This is another example of the MSSC getting between the people and the politicians and trying to direct the program. I do not want ANYTHING dependent on when the MSSC decides the time is right. No one should be earmarking anything - the time to move ahead with trials, despite what the MSSC says, is N.O.W.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

eric593 wrote:Jack Layton was on Canada AM this morning talking about CCSVI.
I heard that this was the plan. Great to hear that it happened!
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

eric593 wrote:I don't agree with the MSSC that the feds should "earmark" funds for CCSVI research "...if or when study is warranted".
I thought it a be a good awareness tool. I certainly agree that the 'when' is NOW!
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

AMJ wrote:Done - thanks for the link pcakes :D
welcome :)
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

1eye wrote:
PCakes wrote:The MSSC has offered us up a useful tool..

http://mssociety.ca/en/involved/advocac ... on2011.htm

click on 'send message now'.. fill in your name, address, etc. Un-check box asking if you want updates, unless you do. Click 'continue' and the site takes care of the rest..finds your local candidates and has the letter composed.

start 'clickin' :)
Might be useful if I knew everybody's party affiliation. Anybody know where Election Canada keeps their master list?
I unchecked any that I did not know or did not wish to communicate with.

This might help.. http://canadaonline.about.com/od/federa ... ection.htm
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I had my MP (NDP) at my doorstep last evening, and he told me that his party is fully supportive of the PROCEDURE being done here in Canada. He has a personal knowledge of "MS" - having had a friend die from it @36 years of age.

Really, I think that it is just the Conservatives who don't give a flying fistula for us. Layton and his members are talking about it, the Liberals have Dr. Kirsty Duncan all over it, but the Cons...
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Johnson wrote:...the Conservatives who don't give a flying fistula for us.
:lol: brilliant :lol:
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

so much for the Liberals.....Jack's the man to work on now, I guess.
1eye
Family Elder

true patriot love

Post by 1eye »

One thing many may not realize, is that a majority government is not defeatable by any coalitions, and we must wait it out. At 400 per year that is a high price for a majority. Thank God Dr. Kirsty Duncan was re elected I will not do anything rash, but I am thinking about repatriating myself to the country of my birth, now they have got rid of Osama. I have not lived there since I was three. My brother won his riding with 41% of the vote.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

The conservative party is heading for a majority by winning only 40% of our votes..?

The left has split .. allowing Mr Harper to walk 'right' up the middle.

He's ours to have and hold for 4 years now.. for better or worse..

The good news..Dr Duncan is leading in her riding ..can she help us now?

oh canada :(
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I'm not much of a political analyst, but the left has done much better than they ever have. Jack's in Stornoway. The centre is in tatters. I heard something I considered dreadful, and that was that Liberals (center, for the American reader) voted conservative to stop a Layton government from happening. That is definitely scary. Jack is a former Toronto municipal politician. He's not some Bolshevik freak! What are all those young neocons smoking?

Mr. Ignatieff's speech was very classy, and we are definitely not better off here in Ottawa without him. It's going to be a cold winter this year, so get lots of sun while you can.
Not a doctor.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

CTV twitter quote of the evening..
”Conservatives are like Nickelback. I don’t know anyone who likes them but they always seem to do well.”
:lol:
1eye
Family Elder

What they said:

Post by 1eye »

Not a doctor.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”