First MRI after venoplasty in Poland after 16 months.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

First MRI after venoplasty in Poland after 16 months.

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

My first MRI of brain and C-spine after the venoplasty in Poland.
Fast information: no progression, no changes, no active lesions, nothing is better

I had my MRI done about 10 days before the venoplasty - results: about 30 brain lesions, 3 C-spine lesions, corpus callosum atrophy, external type of brain atrophy. The lesions are infra and supratentioral.
I also have some minor problems with my C-spine.

After - I had my MRI done about 1 year and 4 months after the venoplasty.
No changes.

I think I had about 7 or 8 MRIs so far. This is the first time without progression.
I still take only LDN for my MS - if I may use this expression.

I do not have any new symptoms but I still feel my old and I am weaker.
World simply wants too much from me. People still think if I look normal I feel normal. They are very wrong. Moreover disabled people have it very difficult in this country.

Anyhow, it is good news for me.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Re: First MRI after venoplasty in Poland after 16 months.

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi Erika,

Yes, sixteen months without progression is good news for you. :D Having an MRI just before your procedure was very smart.

It's so unfair when healthy people think pwMS feel normal just because they look normal. There have been many times this has happened to me, too. After 11 years of this, I now just say to those people, "Well, if you had seen me last week, you wouldn't be saying that," which usually works to wake up those people.

You will be in my prayers, Erika, as I continue to thank you for giving me so much inspiration and hope.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

ErikaSlovakia wrote:My first MRI of brain and C-spine after the venoplasty in Poland.
Fast information: no progression, no changes, no active lesions, nothing is better

I had my MRI done about 10 days before the venoplasty - results: about 30 brain lesions, 3 C-spine lesions, corpus callosum atrophy, external type of brain atrophy. The lesions are infra and supratentioral.

No changes.

I think I had about 7 or 8 MRIs so far. This is the first time without progression.

World simply wants too much from me. People still think if I look normal I feel normal. They are very wrong. Moreover disabled people have it very difficult in this country.

Erika
erika
wonderful news. but we are treating you not your mri

can you tell me whether any of the lesions were described as enhancing with gadolinium??
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

drsclafani wrote:
ErikaSlovakia wrote:My first MRI of brain and C-spine after the venoplasty in Poland.

No changes.

Erika
erika
wonderful news. but we are treating you not your mri

can you tell me whether any of the lesions were described as enhancing with gadolinium??
Thank you Dr. Sclafani!
I do not think so because the description says: active lesions (T1e SE + Gd) - number: zero.
Localization of the lesions:
- infratentorial - number: 5-6
- supratentorial - number: 20-25
- T2 lesions: mostly periventricular
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse