The first open o.p. on the JIV- the reduction of diameter

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Rici wrote:Att Frodo:
Doctor Jaworski is the radiologist and he is very good at it. He made my USG and phlebography when professor from Israel came to decide about my treatment. Now the place is to be recommended in CCSVI treatment.
Regards
Rici
Thank you Rici.
And get better!!
bas
Family Member

Post by bas »

hi Rici,

I just wonder if the scar in your neck was the only place of action or did they also have to open your chest ??

rgds, Bas
Edser
Family Elder

Post by Edser »

Good afternoon Rici & TiMS.
Rici i didn't realise that you had your vein done.My appoligies for not contacting you in a long time.I'll get Anna to contact you via SKYPE very soon.I hope your feeling better.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hi
Thanks all of you.
You can see now the photo directly after surgery: http://www.ccsvi-ms.pl/foto/op7.jpg . I am light swollen.
Regards
Rici
colros
Family Member

Post by colros »

Rici wrote: Now after the operation the hemodynamics of blood trailing from the brain will be improved. That is important. Imagine when you do cleaning with vacuum cleaner with pipe with the half meter diameter you won't have any results of your job.
This is nonsensical. Reducing the diameter of that vein will make no difference to cerebral blood flow. Veins do not act like vacuum cleaners! Did they measure cerebral blood flow before and after the operation? How much did they charge you for "vein diameter reduction?" At face value it looks like if this clinic can't find a vein blockage that needs "liberation" they can always find a vein that needs "diameter reduction". It would be a shame to let a paying customer, convinced that his/her MS is caused by a vein problem, leave the clinic without being surgically "cured" and charged for same.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

colros wrote:
Rici wrote: Now after the operation the hemodynamics of blood trailing from the brain will be improved. That is important. Imagine when you do cleaning with vacuum cleaner with pipe with the half meter diameter you won't have any results of your job.
This is nonsensical. Reducing the diameter of that vein will make no difference to cerebral blood flow. Veins do not act like vacuum cleaners! Did they measure cerebral blood flow before and after the operation? How much did they charge you for "vein diameter reduction?" At face value it looks like if this clinic can't find a vein blockage that needs "liberation" they can always find a vein that needs "diameter reduction". It would be a shame to let a paying customer, convinced that his/her MS is caused by a vein problem, leave the clinic without being surgically "cured" and charged for same.
Are you smarter than Prof.Haacke & Dr Schelling ?, see once more my vein:
http://www.ccsvi-ms.pl/video4.avi
Regards
Rici
colros
Family Member

Post by colros »

Rici wrote: Are you smarter than Prof.Haacke & Dr Schelling ?, see once more my vein:
http://www.ccsvi-ms.pl/video4.avi
Being smart or not is not the issue. The issue is scientific evidence or lack of it. Haacke presents zero scientific evidence for the significance of vein dilation. All he has to do is measure cerebral blood flow in people with and without vein dilation in a properly blinded fashion to prove his hypothesis. As it stands now it just an hypothesis with not even any a priori rationale and it certainly not a justification for a very invasive and risky "treatment".
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Colros, you should really read all of Rici's posts here before forming an opinion. It's clear from your post that you don't have any idea what's going on in Rici's case.
colros
Family Member

Post by colros »

Rokkit wrote:Colros, you should really read all of Rici's posts here before forming an opinion. It's clear from your post that you don't have any idea what's going on in Rici's case.
I have read them. Exactly what in Ricci's history justifies vein diameter reduction? Exactly what is the scientific evidence for the efficacy and safety of vein diameter reduction of which I am I not aware?
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

colros wrote:
Rokkit wrote:Colros, you should really read all of Rici's posts here before forming an opinion. It's clear from your post that you don't have any idea what's going on in Rici's case.
I have read them. Exactly what in Ricci's history justifies vein diameter reduction? Exactly what is the scientific evidence for the efficacy and safety of vein diameter reduction of which I am I not aware?
Stay there by your right. I feel better already. Esspecially when I make an ice pack on the very place which reduces hematoma oppressing my vein. In about 30 days and hematoma will disappear. The vein was not even for a while opened. First the diameter was reduced an then the unneeded part was cut down.
Regards
Rici
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi Rici,

Ignore the ignoramus colros. He's had disgusting posts deleted by the moderators because he's nothing but a mean-spirited troublemaker who has anger control problems.

All our love,
Bronek & Pam
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Lyon, you're right. I should have only referred to his behavior, so how about:

"Ignore colros' mean-spirited behavior -- he acts like an ignoramus and troublemaker and displays anger control problems."

It's true that he's had disgusting posts deleted by the moderators, so I won't change that part of my post.

Btw, how's your MS doing, Lyon? I hope you're feeling okay these days. I know you were an early participant in the BNAC trial -- did you ever get the CD of your imaging? If yes, you should post some of your images.
bas
Family Member

Post by bas »

hi Rici,

I am still very interested to hear from you if they only fixed the vein in your neck or if the also worked on your vein further down inside the cavaty of your chest ?
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

bas wrote:hi Rici,

I am still very interested to hear from you if they only fixed the vein in your neck or if the also worked on your vein further down inside the cavaty of your chest ?
Hi Bas
It was need of reducing the jougularis vein diameter and that was done according the plan and there were no complications. The neck was opened and jougularis vein diameter was reduces without opening it - than the rest of the vein was cut down.
Regards
Rici

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”