munchkin wrote:I had the procedure done in Minneapolis, my IR used a 16mm balloon. But it took several prolonged dilations and then the restriction popped. And it really popped, almost everyone in the room heard it. Apparently the RIJV has great flow.
Now i use the medium pressures several times in the hopes of breaking through. If all else fails i will use very high pressures and hope for the best. After all a 4 mm annulus is not going to allow much blood through. The risk of thrombosis is probably worth it. As i begin to distinguish these two entities, it will become clearer what will be the best approach. If the thrombosis rate of annulus angioplasty is too high, then surgical excision may become the preferred option.
WinnipegGirl_83 wrote:Thanks for responding Marc, Cece and Dr. C
Sorry Marc, I was under the impression that Dr. Sclafini could not enter your vein. Thanks for clarifying.
I am at a loss for words really. There is a part of me that believes I caused this... by going to Egypt and jumping the gun. If I would have waited would this have happened? I am not sure how much more of this I can take.
Marc, I too appreciate your writings. They give me strength to carry on, knowing that I am not alone.
Where do I go from here?
Loobie wrote:Mark has some 'structural' stuff impinging on his vein, a bone structure pushing on it if you will, on one side. He is a difficult case for that reason for sure, but there are other issues. He details his architecture very well in terms of this issue. I would search Mark's name. I know he's not alone in that, but it's not super common either.
I am new to posting (I have been a lurker) and want to say thank you to all of the posters, so much information has been provided. To all who have not had ideal results I am sorry that any of us has to go through this process.
I just went for a one month follow-up U/S so I would be on top of any issues and my LIJV is almost totally closed. The actually cause of the closure is unknown at this point, but I do know that I was feeling really great for about a week and then things started to go downhill.
Does anyone know if I have put my RIJV at risk by having the U/S this soon?
Thanks for any information.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users