He is sweating?????

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
soapdiva884
Family Elder

He is sweating?????

Post by soapdiva884 »

So, my bf woke up this morning and said "Wanna hear something weird?" he said he is sweating! He NEVER sweats! I have to tell you that he had 6 inch blocks put at the head of the bed yesterday and slept like that for the first time last night.
We dont know if it is the blocks inclining the bed or if it is from CCSVI procedure. But, to sweat for the first time in 20 plus years is huge. Any thoughts?
Boyfriend dx'd 6-6-06!!! RRMS............CCSVI procedure done on Nov. 13, 2010 and March 7, 2011 by Dr. Sclafani!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Here's a whole thread on this soap, from when Jeff was treated in '09- it's one of the benefits many are seeing. Jeff still sweats again, 2 years later, and his heat intolerence is gone:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7540-0-d ... ating.html

I hypothesized it was due to better perfusion time in the hypothalmus and a return of normalization for the autonomic responses--but many others have commented on it since....
happy glow!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Does your BF feel ill at all? (just ruling out virus etc)
How is he doing MS wise? remind me....is he still on the thinners?
Maybe not using the jugulars solely at night this might help with the bloodflow x
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

While still in NY after my procedure, my husband kept remarking about my hands being clammy. In eighteen years of holding my hand, he says it had never before been clammy. I was not entirely sure this was a good thing, but it impressed him, and it was cool out, so cool and sweaty make clammy.

Congrats, with it happening right after the inclined bed, I would give credence to the incline, wouldn't you? But maybe before the procedure, the inclined bed wouldn't have been enough and now it is.
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

LR1234 wrote:Does your BF feel ill at all? (just ruling out virus etc)
How is he doing MS wise? remind me....is he still on the thinners?
Maybe not using the jugulars solely at night this might help with the bloodflow x
He is not ill as in virus wise at all. He has RRMS, although we feel it's PPMS............due to steady decline with no real exacerbations. His MS is pretty bad. Losing function daily. He is not on the Arixtra anymore. I really have to believe this is due to the inclined bed thing.

He did say it was difficult to sleep like that last night. He said he kept moving down the bed and had to bring himself back up. Which is not an easy feat for him. But, hey if he starts sweating and feeling better~~~awesome!

Anyone else have this experience with IBT?
Boyfriend dx'd 6-6-06!!! RRMS............CCSVI procedure done on Nov. 13, 2010 and March 7, 2011 by Dr. Sclafani!
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I had the head of my bed raised 4 inches for many years because of acid reflux. It definitely helps with that. About 1 year ago I raised it another 2". I cant see any affect on my MS conditions. But it does cause problems for my wife sliding own the bed. For some reason that doesn't happen to me.
I don't think it affects my sweating either.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Did it work two days in a row, soapdiva? I am hoping this is something that works for him.
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

CeCe, John woke this morning and said that his right hand (which is almost useless) feels stronger! He was actually using it to steer while driving today for a short period of time. He did not sweat this am. however. We are confused on what to attribute this to, but we're taking it. LOL
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

soapdiva884 wrote:CeCe, John woke this morning and said that his right hand (which is almost useless) feels stronger! He was actually using it to steer while driving today for a short period of time. He did not sweat this am. however. We are confused on what to attribute this to, but we're taking it. LOL
that is great news.
of course i want the credit but i would be happy any way it happens.

Some of my patients have discussed whether they should sleep elevated or not.

this stuff has so many pieces to the puzzle!
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

drsclafani wrote:
this stuff has so many pieces to the puzzle!
Thanks again, Dr. S for helping us try to put the puzzle together. I have often said CCSVI is not a cure, but it's a large piece of the puzzle that has been missing. We need the neuros to join us in helping put this complex puzzle together! That's not whining--just a statement of fact.

SoapDiva, I'm glad to hear something may be helping John. IBT didn't work for me. Like some others, I slid down the bed, woke up several more times per night and had headaches. Although four months is recommended for improvements, disrupted sleep was causing increased difficulties with walking, thinking, fatigue, moods, etc. So, I soon packed it in.

I also found IBT made another bed function challenging. (Can I say that here?!?) I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I concur with blaze re.IBT on some points; I tried hard closely with Andrew for few months; it didn't work for me. Although my wife had leg's webs diminished (almost unnoticeable at first and gone after) she decided that it was un-aesthetic (the bed, not the webs).

The other part of the bed's purpose had no any differentiation for me - At a 8+ EDSS you notice 'big' changes only on that matter 8)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Great news indeed, soap!!
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

OMG, too funny about the other thing that you do in bed. We have not sailed that ship yet. LMAO! :D

But, John just told me he is going to have to start sleeping naked due to the immense wedgies he is getting as he slides down the bed. OMG, that is making me laugh so hard. 8O

***John just told me he feels "pretty good, a little more normal today"! That is huge for him!!!! He just said he thinks this is due to a combination of the IBT and CCSVI***

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”