RESULTS and techniques of different doctors (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

To Whom It May Concern:

I think, while SIRS and other organizations are great, size is not everything, where good practices are concerned. The phrases, "intervention by committee" and "handcuffed by liability" come to mind. Like some running shoe or other says, Just Do It. After doing all the talking you need to do with other doctors, and having a lot of direct experience, at the catheter, please help those patients lucky enough to be helped, by publishing a 'best practices' document. To hell with stats, give us your accumulated wisdom and your expert opinion!
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Nunzio
Family Elder

Post by Nunzio »

lucky125 wrote:
Cece wrote:That's the third report of Dr. McGuckin ballooning renal veins. Either the rest of the IRs are undertreating this vein or he is overtreating (and I don't know which it is right.) How big of a vein is it? Is there precedence in the literature for ballooning the renal vein as there is for the iliac and May Thurner?

I agree with what you've said in regards to wild wild west, no standardization, caveat emptor.
Dr. McGuckin justifies treating the left renal vein because it drains the hemiazygos. There is no studies about treating it that I am aware of.

Just because one doctor is doing it doesn't mean that he is more right than a doctor who does not.
Nicole
Unless one of the doctor is Dr. Zamboni; In the preliminary study he reported problem in the Renal vein in about 5% of the patients.
This means that any IR that doasn't check the renal vein might miss 5% of patients with a problem that could be helped.

This picture was taken from a PDF presentation from Dr. Galeotti who is the Doctor performing the procedures in Dr. Zamboni group.
Everybody here brings happiness, somebody by coming,others by leaving.  PPMS since 2000<br />
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Nunzio wrote:Unless one of the doctor is Dr. Zamboni; In the preliminary study he reported problem in the Renal vein in about 5% of the patients.
This means that any IR that doasn't check the renal vein might miss 5% of patients with a problem that could be helped.
That is a pretty good trump card. I am convinced.
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Liberation wrote:
Thanks, frodo. I think it is good to hear both the pros and the cons about certain techniques and CCSVI operation in itself. Where did Rici's operation take place?
I do not have more information than what he posted in his thread, but I copy it here:

Dr. Maciej Jaworski
Medicover
Warsaw, Poland
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »