Hypoxic inflamed veins? Eat berries, drink green tea....

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
AMJ
Getting to Know You...

Post by AMJ »

Fill a jug with water and then add your favourite fruits - citrus, berries whatever you like, - its the most refreshing drink and healthy to boot.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

How about a seltzer and fruit juice - grape juice, pineapple, apple, orange, etc. Be careful buying juices - make sure they are 100% juice and not the juice 'cocktails' that are cut with sugar water.
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

Cece, now I'm laughing. I think you might need to rename this thread "please help me get off Diet Coke".

WeWillBeatMS
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

WeWillBeatMS, when I read your comment, I laughed too. There has been good advice here! The Diet Cokes make me feel worse rather than better overall, but I really want them in the moment. What has helped when I've quit or reduced before:
having just one a day, with a sip at a time, stored in the fridge bet. sips
drinking bottled water instead
substituting Frescas
not having them in the house at all

When I've started up again after weeks off it is because:
just one is ok
mmmm that is so good
my husband has one around me

But then I am quickly back up to five a day. I also am under the mistaken impression that they will help with my fatigue even though I know from when I've been off of them that I have no more or less fatigue then.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Cece wrote:But then I am quickly back up to five a day.
Five a day!! yikes.. Cece, Cece Cece.. We all know what a 'google wizard' you are so I'd guess you already know the evils of aspartame and the vasoconsticting characteristics of cola... hmmm.. maybe we should 'tell on you'?

ohhh..Dr Sclafaaaaani
;)
1hunter
Family Member

Post by 1hunter »

I used to drink 10 diet cokes per day.... Now none, i drink water or lime flavored seltzer... If i can quit so can you Cece
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PCakes wrote:
Cece wrote:But then I am quickly back up to five a day.
Five a day!! yikes.. Cece, Cece Cece.. We all know what a 'google wizard' you are so I'd guess you already know the evils of aspartame and the vasoconsticting characteristics of cola... hmmm.. maybe we should 'tell on you'?

ohhh..Dr Sclafaaaaani
;)
Love it!
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

We love you Cece. This is our cyber-intervention to force you to kick your nasty addiction.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I get *massive*, horrible, impossible to cope with headaches when I go off caffeine. After I read about the oldest woman alive drinking a cup of coffee a day, so do I! Doesn't an MS remedy (another one not sold by neurologists) contain lots o' caffeine?

I wouldn't touch (a discussion of) diet soda with a ten foot canadian.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

this thread is hysterical....love it. Cece, you have to be careful what you divulge on here...too many people care about your health!

We all used to be diet soda fiends in our house until Jeff's MS dx....Jeff now loves iced green tea. We make it unsweetened and then add a touch of stevia and lemon juice. It's so refreshing, has a kick of caffeine and is full of EGCG, antioxidants and goodness...
Stevia is a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay for hundreds of years. The leaves of this small, green Stevia rebaudiana plant have a delicious and refreshing taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar.
you can kick the can habit! :)
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Agave nectar is a great natural sweetener. Low in calories, disgustingly sweet if you overedo it ( you might like that!) and not refined. It's got the consistency of honey.
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Cece's Diet Coke Intervention

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

Cece, so how's day one of your Adios Diet Coke/Aspartame program going?

I just tried iced green tea for the first time and I love it! I just brewed two cups and then poured them over a tall glass of ice. No sweetener for me but that's just how I always drink regular ice tea. It was great!
You might try that Agave Nectar or Stevia to sweeten yours.

We're all pulling for ya!

WeWillBeatMS
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Somehow unexpectedly I am feeling motivated to be giving up the Diet Coke again.

While I have had two Diet Cokes today, I mentioned to my husband yesterday that when the case in the fridge runs out, I'll keep them out of the house. So that gives me a day or two to find the agave nectar and stevia. I have the green tea, I just haven't tried it iced before. Maybe some juice too and lime seltzer water....

When left to my own devices, I really will just drink the Diet Cokes continuously and feel worse and worse as I do. 8O

This is apparently a much more interesting topic than the impact of flavonoids on veins! :lol:
leetz
Family Elder

honey...ce ce

Post by leetz »

yep...honey combined with raspberry zinger...great hot or cold...but don't be light on the honey...go heavy with it, make sure the honey is a good one...delicious! take it from an all day long coffee drinker...i had to alternate, this i found to be so good!
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Don't anyone tell Coke about Cece's Kick The Can goal. They might send her a year's supply. Hmmm...5 Diet Cokes a day x 366 days (2012 is a leap year) = 1830.

Or, Coke might even hijack Cece away from us to promote DC as the latest health drink.