Hypoxic inflamed veins? Eat berries, drink green tea....

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Maybe Diet Coke and the neurologists ar in bed togetther.
zinamaria
Family Elder

berries etc

Post by zinamaria »

What to reach for...
I agree with the water suggestion, but also, to make it exciting, because I too love that bubbly water when thirsty, make ginger tea, with fresh ginger, (if you like it) then let cool. Add it to the bubbly water with a little lemon and stevia and voila, a very tasty drink.
But while you're at it Cece, you could also blend up some frozen berries (since you mentioned them) and add those to bubbly water and add stevia for the sweet, much much much better than aspartamene, however the heck you spell that word.

I don't think anyone is here is judging, just trying to be helpful.
zinamaria
Family Elder

diet coke

Post by zinamaria »

Ha Ha, just realized I skipped page two! Wow, great ideas out there!

Cece, do you forgive us for our intervention?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am amused and, indeed, motivated. :)
One Diet Coke left in the house. Haven't made it to the store yet to pick up alternatives. Stevia, fruit, seltzer....I don't suppose Diet Pepsi with Splenda is a proper alternative!
CenterOfGravity
Family Member

Post by CenterOfGravity »

Cece wrote:I am amused and, indeed, motivated. :)
One Diet Coke left in the house. Haven't made it to the store yet to pick up alternatives. Stevia, fruit, seltzer....I don't suppose Diet Pepsi with Splenda is a proper alternative!
Try water. I'm a water drinker (guess it helps that I don't like soda). Drink water and think of all the money you'll save, at home and in restaurants! And you will feel so much better. If you are drinking the caffeinated Diet Coke, it's also a diuretic, so your attempts at hydration are literally going down the toilet.

GOOD LUCK!!
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

Oh I'm sorry Cece, I was just drinking a tall, cold glass of iced green tea per your instructions in the title of this thread.

Were you saying something?

8)

WeWillBeatMS
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

You might want to read about Splenda on the Mercola website. Doesn't sound like a good thing and most of us know that aspartame isn't as well as MSG. I try to avoid all of them. The ginger tea sounds like it would be good. I wonder how a little lemon would be added to it?
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Coach, hinger and peach are great together. I bet a little peach nectar and ginger tea would be yummy.
zinamaria
Family Elder

drinks

Post by zinamaria »

Lemon and ginger is delicious. I put a squeeze of fresh lemon in just about every glass of water or tea..also, Cece, make that sparkling water, not sure if there isn't something like salt or some such thing added to seltzer....
center-of-gravity makes an excellent point...drink water, which seems to be the new name of this thread, especially because you can do so much with it to make it taste like a 'drink', plus you are actually hydrating, vs dehydrating when you drink diet coke.
NO SPLENDA...(nice try though...(smile))...
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hypoxic inflamed veins? Eat berries, drink green tea...

Post by NHE »

Hi Cece,
Cece wrote:I am amused and, indeed, motivated. :)
I don't drink coke or other sodas. For several years now I've been drinking mostly fruit juices, water, and unsweetened green tea. A couple of months ago I was with a family member and he was drinking a diet pepsi as we were driving around in my car. I was really surprised at how offensive the stuff smelled and I had no desire to touch the stuff. Give your body some time to detox off of it and I think that you'll find it easy to avoid. Another example; I stopped eating sweetened yogurts. I had eaten it for many years, but for the last few years I've switched over to plain yogurt. I now prefer it. I had a sweetened yogurt about 6 months ago or so since it was in the house and it gave me a sugar high. I won't be eating any more. It's just another example of how taste and preferences can change once the body detoxes.

NHE
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

I drink plain water all day. I do love my hot coffee too, with a little milk and no sugar. I drink plain water, no ice added to it. My husband will only drink plain water if it has plenty of ice and a lemon wedge is squeezed into it and then left in.

He was addicted, and I mean addicted to Pepsi. He drank a 6 pack a day for years, when we were first married. Then because of the cost, he cut back by drinking it real slow out of a whiskey shot glass. Sort of slip it, not shoot it. :lol:

It worked, he drank less and less and the addiction went away. They put all that caffeine in it to get you addicted. Think of all the money you will save.

Plus what habits are you showing to your young children? You drink milk kids, but we get soda. When they grow up, or go to a friends house, they will want soda too.

Remember, "Forbidden food always tastes better."
CD