Improvement reports

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

'Local traction for MS treatment'

Post by Cece »

As she was still lying on the table, she noticed her colour vision seemed more vivid and brighter than before.

The next morning, she got out of bed and ran to the bathroom without realizing what she'd done.

"No cane, not hanging on to walls, nothing, I just gave 'er," said Jackson, adding it was her friend that pointed it out.

"Since then, I've been out playing with my horses, I can shovel snow. If I stay home three days of the week, that's a lot. I am living my life."
www.meridianbooster.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3038791

I experienced this too, with the color vision, and although I'd heard it mentioned, I was shocked when I experienced it. What a day that was!
Cece
Family Elder

'Kingston woman opts for ‘Liberation’ from MS'

Post by Cece »

www.kingstonthisweek.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2993035

This is a 'before' story, a lot of times we see the updates on these a few weeks later. Beautiful young woman (31 years old), who says this:
"I hope it slows the disease down. Being a patient with MS makes your life scary. You never know what you will be like when you wake up. Will I be deaf? Blind? Will I be able to move? Sometimes my MS is really active; sometimes I need a cane to walk. Every day it's becoming more debilitating."
I'm realistic that I will live most of my remaining life in a wheelchair," Kelly says, "so I want to consider anything that will extend my life as it is today."
Cece
Family Elder

'MS patient wants faster government action'

Post by Cece »

Within a week, she says her fatigue, a common symptom of MS, faded away. Most shocking, she said, was the change in her legs.

"Normally when I get into bed, someone helps me straighten my legs out," she said. "I did it on my own. I couldn't believe it. It's working. This is not the placebo effect."
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/Arti ... ?e=2861919
Cece
Family Elder

'Treatment liberates patient: MS symptoms improve for one w'

Post by Cece »

"Everything went well," she said. "I walked out of the hospital. I used my cane, I think it was just force of habit. Immediately, I noticed a difference," said Ms Wagner. "I felt better. I felt that my balance was better."

That same day, Ms Wagner tested and videotaped her balance and to walk and climb stairs.

"It was really quite amazing," said Ms Wagner. "It was a huge difference."

Now at home, Ms Wagner said her mobility problems are continually improving. She is able to walk without the use of a cane.
http://www.southshorenow.ca/archives/20 ... dex021.php
griff
Family Member

Re: 'Treatment liberates patient: MS symptoms improve for on

Post by griff »

Cece wrote:
"Everything went well," she said. "I walked out of the hospital. I used my cane, I think it was just force of habit. Immediately, I noticed a difference," said Ms Wagner. "I felt better. I felt that my balance was better."

That same day, Ms Wagner tested and videotaped her balance and to walk and climb stairs.

"It was really quite amazing," said Ms Wagner. "It was a huge difference."

Now at home, Ms Wagner said her mobility problems are continually improving. She is able to walk without the use of a cane.
http://www.southshorenow.ca/archives/20 ... dex021.php
I think we can not avoid having neurologists dealing with these cases as IRs can not explain neurological changes. Why is it so hard finding some who work with IRs? We do not have so many clinics doing CCSVI operations.
Cece
Family Elder

'CCSVI MS group hosts walk'

Post by Cece »

Garvie said before his surgery, he used a walker or an electric wheelchair to get around and he felt fatigued all the time. He lived in government-assisted housing.

He had tried to commit suicide twice.

He tears up when remembering those days, and whenever he thinks about other people still living with MS.
After the 45-minute procedure, which was essentially angioplasty for a vein, Garvie noticed a difference.

“I was still awake on the table, and I said to the surgeon ‘you did something’. My left hand was numb before and I was able to move it.”

He shook a nurse’s hand, and was also able to move his left leg. His case was documented on W5, and a follow up will air shortly.

He still has difficulty walking and uses a brace, but enjoys the fact that he is able to go for longer walks.
www.simcoe.com/community/barrieinnisfil/article/979104
elliberato
Family Member

Post by elliberato »

ok ok i get it...youre killin' me! Not even a year since my procedure and I went from walking to not....glad for those feeling better though!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

elliberato, I wish it had gone differently for you.
It is also interesting that talking to IRs not benefiting from CCSVI money have a much more balanced view on this procedure.
At least one IR (drsclafani) has stated here that he took a paycut in order to perform CCSVI procedures.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

http://www.ganderbeacon.ca/News/2011-04 ... -support/1

What this woman endured to get CCSVI treatment. She went to India from Canada in December.

Some immediate improvements from her procedure:
“When she came out of surgery she said all of her aunts and uncles names, and her friend’s names. We could move her legs and arms, they all straightened out, and she’s eating better,” said Ms. Matthews.
Even though she’s eating better and is able to utter a thing or two on occasion, one of her blockages has returned.
However, due to resistance from the medical community in central Newfoundland, Ms. Collins has begun to deteriorate.
While they feel the medical community in central Newfoundland coldly gives its prognosis that MS treatment is unworthy of recognition, Ms. Collins’ loved ones are forced to stand by and watch her deteriorate.
Deteriorating is mentioned twice, she is not doing well? Her condition is advanced.

She is 41 years old.
Cece
Family Elder

'Life returns for MS sufferer following U.S. surgery'

Post by Cece »

"I've been doing wonderful, absolutely wonderful - it's amazing," she said last week. "I'm a realist, but it worked. I don't know what to say except that it worked for me."
"My husband came in the recovery room, and noticed right away that my hands and feet were warm again," said Taylor. "My muscle spasms were non-existent the next night. I was on the computer, sitting cross-legged, and I couldn't do that before."
"I'm back to being an energizer bunny," she joked. "Now if I get fatigued, it's for a reason. My cognitive function is back now, too. My head doesn't feel like it's full of cotton. I don't understand all of the medical stuff (concerning the treatment), but I don't care. I had no other options."
For now, Taylor is reveling in her newfound physical freedom and the reemergence of a social life she had almost forgotten. She told the EMC how "phenomenal" it felt just to be able to go out on a Friday night with her husband and catch some live music.

Meanwhile, her 21-year-old son is finishing a tattoo meant to honour his mother. The first part, done while Taylor was awaiting treatment, had the word 'hope' and the letters 'MS'. Now, he is adding a hand holding the controls to a marionette puppet, the strings in the image are broken, and the puppet is walking away under its own power.
http://www.emcbarrhaven.ca/20110324/new ... S.+surgery

These last two were previously posted as threads of their own, I'm moving them here to join the compilation.
Cece
Family Elder

'Quilting community helps woman with MS'

Post by Cece »

Before being wheeled in to surgery, Sherry said the letter on the exit sign were blurry and her speech was slurred.

“When they wheeled her (out of) surgery she said, ‘Mom, as soon as they open that vein I could see every letter as clear as a whistle,’” said Joan. “(Her) speech had improved and her voice was stronger. She said ‘Mom, feel my hands.’ Sherry had been icy cold, there was no circulation. I'm telling you, you would swear she was hot flashing. She would feel that surge of blood. Those were some of the big things.”
Since her treatment, her severe leg and neck spasms have been reduced and she has better control of her muscles, said Joan.
http://www.yourottawaregion.com/news/lo ... an-with-ms
Cece
Family Elder

'OSOYOOS RESIDENTS HEADING ABROAD FOR MS TREATMENT'

Post by Cece »

http://tinyurl.com/6l7d6r8

OSOYOOS RESIDENTS HEADING ABROAD FOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS TREATMENT

4 patients are mentioned in this article. Results as follows:
Since having the procedure done, she said she has more energy and feels more like herself.
“I think it was effective for me. It helped make improvements. I’m sharper mentally.”
Cathy lost the ability to walk due to MS and is currently in a wheelchair.
She said that since undergoing the procedure, she had regained some of her balance, her voice is stronger and her goal is to one day walk again.
She paid $9,750 US for the procedure and said the treatment helped lessen a numbness in part of her body, nearly eliminated a limp, cleared her head and improved a sensitivity to bright light.
he declined to talk about how the procedure has affected his life
Cece
Family Elder

'Actor Patterson improving after liberation treatment'

Post by Cece »

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinio ... 79689.html
Debbie Patterson posted a video of herself Jan. 14 on Facebook showing her walking unaided back and forth in a room. In the video she has just a slight limp.

"I'm doing very, very well," said Patterson, who will return to Winnipeg Jan. 25.
Patterson, 44, was diagnosed with MS 12 years ago. In the past year, the disease had progressed and she needed a cane to walk.
Cece
Family Elder

'Metro MS patient improves with treatment'

Post by Cece »

http://tinyurl.com/63dwmu8
"It's unbelievable how much easier it is than before. My vision was kaput, but after the procedure it's gradually coming back. Now I can drink by myself, I can write. It's amazing. I look at myself in the mirror and before I was so pale because the blood wasn't circulating and stuff. Now I look more healthy."
Cece
Family Elder

Portager swears by MS procedure that isn’t allowed in Canada

Post by Cece »

www.cpheraldleader.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2924740
But that was worth it, he said, as his MS symptoms have all but disappeared.

"The one thing I noticed was a big difference was my legs," he said. "My legs were weak and very sore and uncoordinated and after I got back — it took time — but within three to six months my legs felt 25 years old again. I can play hockey and soccer again."

His chronic fatigue is also gone, Oshust said, as well as chronic headaches he used to have consistently.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”