I want to hear Ignatieff say it !

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

May 1 is too late also....election is May 2nd.....I think you would need it at least the week before......time to let all parties see something they can seize on.....I'm being optimistic here....
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

maybe tonight's the night (debate) for Mike to say it!!
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Off to the debate!
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

1eye wrote:Off to the debate!
OMG! OMG! OMG! Are you really going to be there?!? I am Sooooooo Jealous!
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Blaze wrote:
1eye wrote:Off to the debate!
OMG! OMG! OMG! Are you really going to be there?!? I am Sooooooo Jealous!
Bored to tears. Don't want to hear Stephen Harper say 'Let me make one thing clear..." ever again. Please. The thing I like least about that guy, I discover, is completely nonsensical. He wears too much lipstick.

It was cold on the sidewalk outside, waiting for my ride. Two very nice ladies came up and struck up conversations with me, and one of them warmed my heart by saying maybe Mike has a chance. Could have been Conservatives... I was a Liberal in NDP clothing, after all. I was naive to think CCSVI would be on the debate when the questions all had to be asked by ordinary-looking Canadians.

Maybe this will crystallize things for some: if we get a Liberal majority, yes, nothing may happen. I don't think so, but it may. But nothing like the nothing that will happen if we don't.

Elizabeth May won. Vote Liberal anyway. I still like Mike.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

I'm no longer jealous. Four grey-haired men in suits (and Harper with too much lipstick--love it!) totally out of touch with questions being asked by ordinary Canadians.

I was bored too--and I'm a news and political junkie. At least I was at home and could go to bed early.
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

unfortunately, Mike didn't come out victorious, according to all the polls.....although, I thought he did a pretty good job.....health care didn't seem to be one of the more important questions...tacked onto the end, seemed rushed and much was said about nothing.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Mike did okay :)
The Liberal leader, in no particular order and with varying degrees of stridency, said Harper couldn’t tell the truth, had no respect for democracy, no respect for Parliament, no respect for Canadians.

He portrayed Harper as the type of man who just blows up things that don’t suit his fancy, a man who must be in control.

“You are a man who will shut down anything you can’t control,” Ignatieff said.

“That's the core of your vision of government ... and it’s hostile to the values of democracy upon which this country is based.”

He (Harper) tried to galvanize his argument for a majority government by pointing to the “bickering” and personal attacks on display Tuesday night.

On that, Ignatieff rightly corrected him.

This was not bickering, but a debate, Ignatieff said.

With that, the essence of the Conservative leader seemed to have been captured.

For Harper, the election is unnecessary, the rules of Parliament are mere political games, his opponents are best ignored and the leaders’ debate was an exercise in bickering.

~Tim Harper, National Affairs Columnist
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Before the honorable denizens of this forum tire of Canadian politics, let me say that Mr. Harper showed his expertise in irony in complaining about bickering. This came after all from the king of the attack ad. The Hoses of Parliament, they have come to be known by us rabble... To be fair, Baird has even him hosed.
Not a doctor.
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

I don't like Mike. (Sorry 1Eye!) Didn't before. Don't now. In fact, I like him even less since last night.

JJ, I don't know if he's ever going to "Say It." In fact, I will be surprised if any of them "Say It". I sent an e-mail last week to Libs, Cons and NDP national campaign offices. No reply from any of them. Their silence tells me where they truly stand on this.

As I've said for months, I'm skeptical of them all except Dr. Duncan (Kirsty for PM!). I think we need to focus energies on College of Physicians and Surgeons. Until they allow doctors like Dr. McDonald do do treatment in Canada, lobbying government will get us nowhere.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I do. Her leader is Mike. He just spoke about an issue dear to me. A friend of mine was killed some years ago, with a woman friend, and her ex, in a murder/suicide, by an unregistered long-gun that would be described as a typical farmer's hunting weapon. Off topic, I know.
Not a doctor.
Brightspot
Family Elder

Post by Brightspot »

The Liberal party has not made any statement regarding their stance on making vascular testing or treatment available to persons with MS. There have been no promices made by any political party regarding the issue.

Kirsty Duncan has done a lot of great work to raise the issue and to represent our best interests, but many of her Liberal associates are not on board.

Please engage your federal and provincial representatives and the candidates from all parties at every opportunity.

Make sure they have information about the issue and ask each one what their position is.

Then decide where your vote should go
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Dear Chris,

Always good to hear from you!

Chris, Mr. Ignatieff made a promise to do clinical trials December 16th—and you know I’m continuing to fight—every night between 10 pm-2am.

Sending you both wonderful wishes,

Kirsty
Not a doctor.
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

that was before the election call.....say it again.
mag00
Getting to Know You...

Post by mag00 »

I second what jackiejay said!

He's going to have to say it again to get my interest.

Not a word has been spoken of CCSVI, except for the
CBC's timely propaganda.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”