ccsvi doppler test USA

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
passion

ccsvi doppler test USA

Post by passion »

Who in the US does it this way? I would prefer this to the MRI test. Thank you.
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

I guess it depends on where you are in the states. There is a company in Fargo that performs the doppler based on the Zamboni protocol.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

a lot of places do - where are you closer to? east coast, west coast?
orion98665
Family Elder

Post by orion98665 »

How about the West Coast..???
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

arizona doppler is doing a special one-time event in Seattle, I believe, where they'll come up and do zamboni dopplers for people but only if they get at least ten or so participants...I read about it on facebook, might check there to see if this is accurate.
orion98665
Family Elder

Post by orion98665 »

Cece wrote:arizona doppler is doing a special one-time event in Seattle, I believe, where they'll come up and do zamboni dopplers for people but only if they get at least ten or so participants...I read about it on facebook, might check there to see if this is accurate.

Thank you Cece. Just the location i was looking for only a 3 hour drive!!!

I wish there was a list of all the facilities in the states performing or at
least looking into performing dopplers.
passion

Post by passion »

Thanks. I am on the East, but will go anywhere. I am looking for very experienced only (Zamboni protocol) as I have heard horror stories of patients veins restenosing within a week and doctors not caring/ docs refusing to balloon additional closed veins. Can anyone rec. a good doctor (also without a waiting list)?
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

passion wrote:Thanks. I am on the East, but will go anywhere. I am looking for very experienced only (Zamboni protocol) as I have heard horror stories of patients veins restenosing within a week and doctors not caring/ docs refusing to balloon additional closed veins. Can anyone rec. a good doctor (also without a waiting list)?
that would be me
newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

drsclafani wrote:
passion wrote:Thanks. I am on the East, but will go anywhere. I am looking for very experienced only (Zamboni protocol) as I have heard horror stories of patients veins restenosing within a week and doctors not caring/ docs refusing to balloon additional closed veins. Can anyone rec. a good doctor (also without a waiting list)?
that would be me
passion - Dr Sclafani is excellent & many of us here on TIMS have seen him for CCSVI (myself, Cece, plus many more). He has a thread here "Dr Sclafani answers ??s" where you'll be educated as to his professional expertise in addition to his personal philosophies.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Dr. Sclafani is with American Access Care:
www.americanaccesscare.com/ccsvi.html

His tech Dara does the Zamboni protocol doppler ultrasound. When I had it done there, it took a long time, around an hour. First they check the jugular in more than one place while lying down, then while sitting up, then the deep cerebral veins with the doppler up on the side of the head (unless the deep cerebral veins part is changed now, after the ISVND decision to go down to four criteria?) I had travelled in, so I had the doppler done on one day and the procedure the next.

If you have any questions, there are many of us who have been patients of his. He is definitely what you described, experienced and caring, and he checks out the iliac and the ascending lumbar veins as well as the azygos and jugulars, and uses IVUS intravascular ultrasound to see the vein from the inside.
passion

Post by passion »

Thanks everyone for the responses. NY would be perfect for me as I am only a short drive away, but I keep getting the run around in my attempts to get information about Dr. Sclafani. I am wondering if someone can recommend another doctor. I heard there is a good doctor in Atlanta. I am also wondering about NJ and CT.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Sure, passion, that is unfortunate.

There is also another email for the new person in charge of scheduling for Dr. Sclafani:
Please contact Karen Moran at kmoran@aac-llc.com for information about CCSVI treatment with Dr. Sclafani.
But other excellent doctors in the NY area would be Dr. Sperling at Columbia, (212) 326-8874. I don't know what his wait list is like but I have heard very good things about him as a doctor.

Up in Albany there is Dr. Siskin's group, here is their online patient registration site:
www.communitycare.com/PatientPortal/Home/CCSVI
Lots of experience but unfortunately a long waitlist.

In Trenton, New Jersey, there's Vascular Access Center:
http://www.vascularaccesscenters.com/Pu ... iency.aspx
They have a short wait list but not as much CCSVI-specific experience as the others.

All the best!!

edited to add: you mention Atlanta, that would be Dr. Sullivan with Atlanta Access Care, he is excellent from what I have heard and has been treating CCSVI since early fall. www.atlantaaccesscare.com/
CaptBoo
Family Elder

Post by CaptBoo »

Dr Sullivan is the Atlanta IR. He does the procedure. He did me. For Zamboni's protocol Doppler testing you need CCSVI Atlanta. Different companies but they work together. I highly recommend both.
<div>There be no dragons   ...Reese Palley</div>
passion

Post by passion »

Thanks Cece and CaptBoo.